When you want coils and custom shocks, but keep the old 9.5" diff in the 60 axle (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

torfab

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.torfab.com
We get a lot of requests for suspension modifications after we developed our Torfab 80 series coil kit for the front and rear of a 60 series early last year. This customer already had the FROR big brake conversion and wanted to keep his axle. We tried to convince him to just go with an 80 front axle, but when he mentioned he wanted to keep the 3.7 gears and locker, etc., we couldn't argue. So we developed a weld on kit to accept the 80 coils and radius arms with his stock axle.

Here are some photos of the brackets we created. Customer is happy because he got to keep his gears and locker, and he didn't have to pay all our R&D time because we figured some of you guys would want this for your trucks as well.

I suppose if we hear enough votes for this kit we could have our manufacturer come up with some costs? Let us know! :beer:

C0A77EE6-505C-41B0-AD88-4700DE788EB4.jpg

65B78372-BBE5-45E9-97E9-5C5C54060EAA.jpg

C3A1C15D-2FF5-4AEA-887D-D31D622CA2F2.jpg

Looks interesting for sure. Are you sure it's strong enough?? I mean, this is a 60, not some puny 80. :rofl:
Does it go hand in hand with rear coils or are you sticking to leafs out rear?

I like the idea very much. Most people have some coin wrapped up in their axles/brakes by the time they think coil kit. I also don't love the width of the 80 axle. It tends to mean giving up the wheel/tire combo you already have.

The classifieds are going to have some lifted leaf springs for sale. You need a rear kit so there isn't an overabundance of front leaves vs rear for sale!

We get a lot of requests for suspension modifications after we developed our Torfab 80 series coil kit for the front and rear of a 60 series early last year. This customer already had the FROR big brake conversion and wanted to keep his axle. We tried to convince him to just go with an 80 front axle, but when he mentioned he wanted to keep the 3.7 gears and locker, etc., we couldn't argue. So we developed a weld on kit to accept the 80 coils and radius arms with his stock axle.

Here are some photos of the brackets we created. Customer is happy because he got to keep his gears and locker, and he didn't have to pay all our R&D time because we figured some of you guys would want this for your trucks as well.

I suppose if we hear enough votes for this kit we could have our manufacturer come up with some costs? Let us know! :beer:

View attachment 2315330

View attachment 2315331

View attachment 2315332

Would these brackets fit onto a 60 axle installed under an FJ40?

Being a 60 owner first then an 80. Woo wee that’s sweet.

I know how the roads would feel with this mod. If i could still do long trips I would be all over this. As I have invested a lot in current 60 axels. Good to see the love put into then 9.5

I'd be more than interested in a DIY weld on kit for the front and the rear as well. Excellent work!!
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom