AC Drier Install-Need Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am going to relocate my AC drier due to a new Slee Short Bus bumper. I have the new drier and I have to admit I know nothing about the AC system. This is for the R134a system.

Can anyone give me some guidance on the steps to add oil to the drier and installing the drier? I know I can add 2 oz of oil and need to add Pag 46 Oil. I just don't know how.

When taking the caps off the new drier air started to leak out, I assume that has to happen in order to attach it to the new AC lines. Just weird that it comes with compressed air in it.

My goal here is to just install the new drier and then have a shop add the Freon. I would just rather a shop do it the right way the first time. Thanks for the help guys.

I'll let someone more qualified chime in here, but my understanding is that you do not want the drier to be opened and exposed to the atmosphere for very long. When I did my AC overhaul I added oil directly to the drier and immediately hooked everything up.

I'll let someone more qualified chime in here, but my understanding is that you do not want the drier to be opened and exposed to the atmosphere for very long. When I did my AC overhaul I added oil directly to the drier and immediately hooked everything up.

^^^^

Correct. New drier's come filled with nitrogen/other to prevent exposure to atmosphere. There is desiccant inside the drier that absorbs moisture and it is best to install it...then immediately vacuum the system to boil off and remove any moisture in the system prior to charging.

Oil (about 1.5 ozs) can be added directly though the top of the drier just prior to installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom