What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my Ultragauge mounted. Now I just need to relocate the OBD2 port somewhere else son I can put the fuse panel cover back on.

Next is to try and fix a shaky passenger mirror and a driver mirror that doesn’t work at all.

960479A5-EED3-4E41-9CE3-1055DB937BB9.jpeg

I’ve got an ultragauge as well. To fit the fuse cover you’ll notice the connector on the vehicle has another set of holes 90 degrees to the set it’s using now. You can rotate it to point down and put one screw back in. With that I was able to plug in my gauge and close the cover. Though it is difficult to plug and unplug like that but it works.

Got my Ultragauge mounted. Now I just need to relocate the OBD2 port somewhere else son I can put the fuse panel cover back on.

Next is to try and fix a shaky passenger mirror and a driver mirror that doesn’t work at all.

View attachment 2313135

I’ve got an ultragauge as well. To fit the fuse cover you’ll notice the connector on the vehicle has another set of holes 90 degrees to the set it’s using now. You can rotate it to point down and put one screw back in. With that I was able to plug in my gauge and close the cover. Though it is difficult to plug and unplug like that but it works.
Thanks for the reply. Ill try that latter!

In your second pic, what exactly are we looking at? Is that the factory mount all cut up and bolted crooked to the frame with another mount welded to it???

Any plans to protect the O2 sensor wiring? That looks pretty eager to get ripped out by some sagebrush or something kicked up by your tire...

I have plans to route mine over the frame too, and haven't decided on a game plan yet. How do you like the sound with the different muffler?

I put my '96 80-series on Phoenix craigslist this week. Circumstances are such that I can no longer hold onto it. I've listed it here, as well. Spread the word?

Good week for the cruiser. Added the LCP battery tie down and replaced the low pressure power steering hoses.
FCD4D208-BE74-4DF7-9B1F-3AA2365BF0D1.jpeg

And just realized I left a paper towel in the battery tray.

Did the Illuminati get @RFB ? Maybe @nukegoat knows.
Last I saw he posted some thread about his exhaust and everyone sh*t allover him (rightfully so) hasn't been back since I don't think. I sure do miss his 11 threads per day about things that have been discussed 112 times over.

Went out pine mountain road for a ride with friends
1590013219417.png
1590013243127.png
1590013289983.png
1590013335148.png

In Pozo? The only thing that seemed challenging there was the stairsteps. Have you run those?
It was a Sunday Ride nothing challenging. Pine mountain does lead to the Stair Steps and they are challenging, My hat is off to you Sir if you navigated up or down them. I have only looked and went back the way I came.

It was a Sunday Ride nothing challenging. Pine mountain does lead to the Stair Steps and they are challenging, My hat is off to you Sir if you navigated up or down them. I have only looked and went back the way I came.
It was simply a great time to get outside & see people. I was amazed at how many people are out on the freeway & roads.... good for them, good for us. TIME TO GET OUTSIDE FOLKS & get back to doing what you love.

No, I think they are doable but unpleasantly deathy

Two years in the making...finally got the interior back together. It’s been nice being able to throw crap inside the cruiser without any care. Sound deadener has definitely made a difference though. Walmart cheapo floor mats are a nice touch even if they are a bit oversized and don’t fit quite right. Probably won’t cut them down and just leave them how they are
CDA94594-CD37-440E-BD0A-3A219C682CFF.jpeg
1BEC1644-A22B-4643-9EE4-4AF73E8854CE.jpeg
CA84D9F8-2EB9-454A-B343-6246ECB140DF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom