Enduro Bearings and Yeti ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Screenshot_20200517-124513.png

Every year? Srsly?

Hey Yeti, how about instead you spec some decent bearings that might last more than a year, huh? Those Enduros suck. Or at least maybe an off-the shelf size? Hint: if you'd spec'd the pedfucking flange 1mm larger then it would have been a standard-sized bearing...why why why whyyyyy not???

How do I take the smiley off this guy?:flipoff2:

That is all. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
check out the Hambini page on Youtube. I'm been having fun watching his videos. He seems to be knowledgeable about bearings, but his posts are mostly road-bike-centric. NWS unless SIP/WFH.

check out the Hambini page on Youtube. I'm been having fun watching his videos. He seems to be knowledgeable about bearings, but his posts are mostly road-bike-centric. NWS unless SIP/WFH.
I'll check it.

I just don't rebuild many suspensions with only 5-600 miles on them . . . But in Yeti's defense, they zipped that bearing kit to me super pronto.

My experience matches everything Hambini says in the video below. Enduro bearings are creaky garbage. SKF and NTNs are awesome. FAG bearings are so good that if someone called me "faggy" I'd take it as a compliment.

I just replaced them on my sb6. The seals on the enduro bearings are garbage. I'll be using something better next time.

@tnkayaker -- I don't think you have a choice. Your SB6 uses this bearing size that as far as I can tell is proprietary Enduro:

F6902-2RS-MAX 28X15X7_2.5 OUT

The bearing has two other problems besides bad seals: 1) there's more play between balls and race than in standard bearings, 2) the extended inner bearing race allows a place for dirt to build up against the seal and makes it almost impossible for even the best seal to last. And also I'm pretty sure the flange on the outer race isn't standard, either. If you find another manufacturer, you have better sources than I do.

I just don't get it. Niner -- similar Colorado boutique frame seller -- specs Enduros in their frames too. But they spec them in standard sizes. No flanges, no extended inner races. I can buy generic bearings to rebuild two Niner frames (8 bearings per frame) for the price of one of those Enduro bearings the Yetis take. And the Niners need rebuilding far less frequently than Yetis. I guess it's a tribute to the power of marketing. Yeti and Subaru. lol

For sure. The sb6 bearings also has an extended inner race.

I'll do some searching when they need to be replaced again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom