Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What symptoms led to this? Asking for a friend.....

A few different things happened that led up to this.

About 18 months ago I added some extended shackles and an add a leaf to my rear suspension to correct some flex problems.

That resulted in a bad pinion angle on my rear driveshaft, which caused some pretty good vibration at a few different RPM's.

A few weeks ago I installed some 6 degree shims to fix that.

After that I felt and heard something that wasn't right, sounded like U-joints cracking, like needle bearings being destroyed.

Today I pulled the driveshaft to inspect the u-joints thinking they were bad, no dice.

At that point I put it in 4hi and drove down my driveway, still heard the same noise. Pulled it back in my garage put it on jackstands and turned the rear pinion by hand, I immediately felt that something was bad.

Which led me to the fridge for a couple cold beers.

Just so happens that I have a couple auto lockers stashed.

What symptoms led to this? Asking for a friend.....

And this.
20200516_182335.jpg
20200516_181245.jpg

No bueno! Hopefully you’ll have it back on the road in short order.

I'm hoping to have it l back together in a couple of weeks, it is definitely a bad time of the year to have my 40 down, I use it a lot during this time of the year. It's my scouting rig for firewood!

The damage seems to have all been to the front bearing in the nose of the pinion.

20200517_114741.jpg

20200517_114817.jpg

I will be happy to see you back up and running(fly fishing)

I can walk to the river if I need to!

Wait until you see what's in store for July.

Fake it til you make it.

20200519_182853.jpg

I pressed this one off at work this morning. Kind of like some girls I knew in high school, I don't think I'm the first person to be this deep in it.
20200519_184756.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom