FJ60 LED Light Bulb List (Interior and Exterior) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just swapped out all of my old light bulbs in my 1986 FJ60 Landcruiser for some LEDs from Superbrightleds.com. Instead of writing up an excel sheet list here's a shared cart with everything I got that you'll need:

Just add everything to your cart and check out (let me know if this link breaks and I'll update). You'll be left with a few extra bulbs for the dash. This should have all the light bulbs that will keep the stock light colors (speedo, choke, climate control, ect.) plus reverse lights, taillights, turn signals (you'll need to add a light resistor to combat hyper-flashing). Just don't have the driving light bulbs/high beams as I will be going with the cityracer led headlight assembly.

Also, for the dome lights I decided to go with a conversion kit from oddironoffroad, but the dome bulbs should be in the list above I just don't plan on using them:

Dome light conversion kit:

I haven't installed these just yet put I'll post some updates (hopefully this weekend).

Some photos installed:

_DSC4177.jpg

_DSC4279.jpg

_DSC4280.jpg

This should be a good service if you get the brightness right.
When I did it my blinkers were nearly blinding and I had to partially cover them.
The high beam light is a bit intense too.
Purest won't like it but I went with red for the night vision aid.

Dome and hatch LED bulbs compatable on Rockauto:

1589397610080.png

I got one that fits into the stock housing and its probably 5000K temp...which is brighter than the stock bulb but a little too white for me...If I can find a 3000K or 4000K version I'll swap it out.

What are the correct bulbs to just replace the exterior lights?

This should be a good service if you get the brightness right.
When I did it my blinkers were nearly blinding and I had to partially cover them.
The high beam light is a bit intense too.
Purest won't like it but I went with red for the night vision aid.

i did the upgrade to my fj62 and agree that the high beam is too intense and i ended up keeping the incandescent. also the 4wd light was too bright at night. kept the incandescent there too. just a heads up to those swapping them. i had to open my dash twice because of this.

What's everyone's impression of the brightness of the exterior lights? I want other people to actually see my brakes and indicators during the day...

Anybody done a 3rd brake light addition?

I just swapped out all of my old light bulbs in my 1986 FJ60 Landcruiser for some LEDs from Superbrightleds.com. Instead of writing up an excel sheet list here's a shared cart with everything I got that you'll need:

Just add everything to your cart and check out (let me know if this link breaks and I'll update). You'll be left with a few extra bulbs for the dash. This should have all the light bulbs that will keep the stock light colors (speedo, choke, climate control, ect.) plus reverse lights, taillights, turn signals (you'll need to add a light resistor to combat hyper-flashing). Just don't have the driving light bulbs/high beams as I will be going with the cityracer led headlight assembly.

Also, for the dome lights I decided to go with a conversion kit from oddironoffroad, but the dome bulbs should be in the list above I just don't plan on using them:

Dome light conversion kit:

I haven't installed these just yet put I'll post some updates (hopefully this weekend).

Some photos installed:

View attachment 2304884

View attachment 2304885

View attachment 2304886
Do you have a Dash pad overlay? How did you get the Instrument cluster out with that over lay on? you can't just slide the cluster down Right?

Do you have a Dash pad overlay? How did you get the Instrument cluster out with that over lay on? you can't just slide the cluster down Right?

my truck came with a dash cover stuck on over the old cracked dash. It certainly blocks the instrument cluster. I’ll be removing the cover at some point as it wasn’t even installed properly and it’s cracked.

Does anyone make an overlay for the 60 anymore? Mine has geological features.

my truck came with a dash cover stuck on over the old cracked dash. It certainly blocks the instrument cluster. I’ll be removing the cover at some point as it wasn’t even installed properly and it’s cracked.
I would love to do this but my over lay is in the way. I'm not sure gif you can move one side out of the way and shimmy out

Have you installed the dome and cargo light kits yet? I'm curious to see the LED panels. Is it just a panel you pop into the existing assembly, or are they whole new assemblies?

Have you installed the dome and cargo light kits yet? I'm curious to see the LED panels. Is it just a panel you pop into the existing assembly, or are they whole new assemblies?
I just installed mine. The led panel uses your existing housings. Mine were buggered so I found new ones on eBay for about $40 each. All in all, not a cheap fix, but I like having the OEM fixtures working with really killer LED's. I also swapped all but the license plate lights for the odd-iron off-road components. Let's just say the difference is night and day. Especially the reverse lights.

@Spook50 I installed exterior (turn signal/flasher, running , brake and backup lights), interior (dome and rear) and all the dash lights from Odd Iron Offroad. Easy install and WOW made a huge difference. All I have left is the headlights.

@jjones thanks for putting this together - LED tech has changed a lot and most of the old threads about this probably aren’t applicable anymore. Do you have a key for your list of bulbs? Based on what others said above about certain bulbs being too bright (4WD, blinkers, etc) I might not order all of them. I’m also only going to do interior stuff and already have the domes replaced.

Really, I think I’m just looking for main gauge cluster bulbs and heater control bulbs. Thanks :)

@jjones thanks for putting this together - LED tech has changed a lot and most of the old threads about this probably aren’t applicable anymore. Do you have a key for your list of bulbs? Based on what others said above about certain bulbs being too bright (4WD, blinkers, etc) I might not order all of them. I’m also only going to do interior stuff and already have the domes replaced.

Really, I think I’m just looking for main gauge cluster bulbs and heater control bulbs. Thanks :)

The 194 bulbs are the interior as well as the 74-cw. If you go to superbright led.com it should give you some info on the bulbs you're looking for. I can't remember exactly where each bulb goes as I just removed and replaced one by one.

@jjones this is awesome. Thanks for getting the list together. One question about the exterior bulb list. I see you have a qty of 2 individual 67-CW12-G and then also a 2 pack of the same bulb. Just making sure we need 4 of that bulb in total. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom