First gen supercharger rebuild kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys,

The SC is sounding a little raspy on this new to me tacoma and figure quarantine is a good time to dig into it. Dunno when it was service last.

Is there a decent kit you would recommend to service these grey SCs? I’ve found a few on EBay, but I am completely new to forced induction and have no idea what’s what.

I’d like to do new oil and a nose cone rebuild. I really don’t think it will need more than that, but again I’m new to this.

I’m seeing these two with a $40 price difference. The cheaper one is in the link on the toolman Timmy YouTube video. Guessing the difference is the bearings, but not sure what that means...

I use tribodyne supercharger oil. Also you'll need to replace the bypass orings. The bypass valve may need to be replaced as well. Jon bond should have them. Make sure u measure the needle bearings depth b4 removal so u can match the depth with the new ones.

So I should get the bypass orings and valve in addition to one of the kits linked above?

Are there any other common wear items that I should have on hand before taking this thing apart? I’d only like to do it once. How about a gasket where it mounts to the motor?

So I should get the bypass orings and valve in addition to one of the kits linked above?

Are there any other common wear items that I should have on hand before taking this thing apart? I’d only like to do it once. How about a gasket where it mounts to the motor?
Yes I would get the orings and a new bypass valve. Usually the plenum gasket is reusable. You may also want to consider replacing your fuel injectors if they have 200k miles on them give or take. Doing plugs and wires too is a good idea.

Yes I would get the orings and a new bypass valve. Usually the plenum gasket is reusable. You may also want to consider replacing your fuel injectors if they have 200k miles on them give or take. Doing plugs and wires too is a good idea.

For the injectors, my truck seems to run very well currently. As far as I know it’s stock, but I honestly have no idea. It didn’t come with any records and I bought it from someone who was flipping the title.

I’ve gone back and forth considering pulling the SC off completely because I am not a speed freak and don’t live in the mountains. I’ve not spent a lot of time researching these things because I don’t intend to tune it or push the boost past whatever “factory” is. I’m a big fan of simple, “cheap” and reliable.

That being said can I just get stock replacement injectors to work with the SC? Or have my stock ones cleaned and rebuilt? I REALLY hate chasing parts and tuning. I’d rather just call the Toyota dealer, get what I need, bolt it on, and go wheeling.

if anyone reads this and wants to try to convince me why I should sell them my SC I’ll listen...

For the injectors, my truck seems to run very well currently. As far as I know it’s stock, but I honestly have no idea. It didn’t come with any records and I bought it from someone who was flipping the title.

I’ve gone back and forth considering pulling the SC off completely because I am not a speed freak and don’t live in the mountains. I’ve not spent a lot of time researching these things because I don’t intend to tune it or push the boost past whatever “factory” is. I’m a big fan of simple, “cheap” and reliable.

That being said can I just get stock replacement injectors to work with the SC? Or have my stock ones cleaned and rebuilt? I REALLY hate chasing parts and tuning. I’d rather just call the Toyota dealer, get what I need, bolt it on, and go wheeling.

if anyone reads this and wants to try to convince me why I should sell them my SC I’ll listen...
I did not mean to suggest upgraded injectors. Just replacements. Rebuilt injectors are a scam for the most part. Where you get them is up to you. I recommend factory injectors or Beck arnley. Rock auto has good deals on beck arnley. Be careful because their are many people on ebay selling cheap Chinese injectors under the guise of reputable names but actually are counterfeit. If you want to make the whole setup even more reliable, call up pulley Boyz and get a supercharger pulley slightly bigger than stock. That will reduce boost a little more than the stock pulley and will be even less susceptible to pinging than the stock sized original pulley.

I did not mean to suggest upgraded injectors. Just replacements. Rebuilt injectors are a scam for the most part. Where you get them is up to you. I recommend factory injectors or Beck arnley. Rock auto has good deals on beck arnley. Be careful because their are many people on ebay selling cheap Chinese injectors under the guise of reputable names but actually are counterfeit. If you want to make the whole setup even more reliable, call up pulley Boyz and get a supercharger pulley slightly bigger than stock. That will reduce boost a little more than the stock pulley and will be even less susceptible to pinging than the stock sized original pulley.

Hey that’s great advice. I didn’t know that was an option! I’ll probably be the only guy in history with a SC looking for less power!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom