AC Freon Question-AC Freon Completely Empty After Heater Core Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Personally I would not flush it, it takes major compressed air to get all the solvent from the evap and condenser. Opening a few days is cause to replace drier but everything else will be fine.

Drier holds less than an ounce of pag. Maybe1/2 to 3/4 oz.

Personally I would not flush it, it takes major compressed air to get all the solvent from the evap and condenser. Opening a few days is cause to replace drier but everything else will be fine.

Good deal. I will see if I can find a drier relocation kit or the parts to do it and move the drier before I get it recharged. Good advice, I didn't want to flush the system if I didn't have to.

Thanks for the information. My LC is an off road toy for me. With the trail riding we do it would definitely be in danger. I just added the Slee short bus so it is now exposed more than before.

View attachment 2303894

Yep, see what you mean. You are definitely a candidate for relocation. Be sure to keep it vertical. At one time folks were just bending the lines rotating them up...not realizing how that affects it's function.

Good looking rig!

^^^^

Excellent advice there folks.

If your system is already opened up I'd recommend pulling the evaporator for inspection/cleaning/replacement. At the same time I'd recommend replacing the expansion valve and drier. Unless you know this has been done recently there's a good chance the evaporator is clogged up with all kinds of junk and the system will never work that well until it's clean.

AC work is possible to DIY once you do some reading and planning in advance. I previously never worked on an AC system and decided in the summer of 2017 to tackle my non functional AC and it wasn't that difficult. It still blows nice and cold..... If you were closer I'd loan you my vacuum pump and manifold gauge set.

Good luck!

1589321868011.png

If your system is already opened up I'd recommend pulling the evaporator for inspection/cleaning/replacement. At the same time I'd recommend replacing the expansion valve and drier. Unless you know this has been done recently there's a good chance the evaporator is clogged up with all kinds of junk and the system will never work that well until it's clean.

AC work is possible to DIY once you do some reading and planning in advance. I previously never worked on an AC system and decided in the summer of 2017 to tackle my non functional AC and it wasn't that difficult. It still blows nice and cold..... If you were closer I'd loan you my vacuum pump and manifold gauge set.

Good luck!

View attachment 2304202
Thanks for the advice. I cleaned my evaporator when I did my heater core so I should be good there. I haven't considered the expansion valve or drier until now. If I can find a kit for the drier relocation I will see what all comes with it. Do you recall what the part number is for the expansion valve? For 1994-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser A/C Expansion Valve Denso 62915KC 1996 1995 | eBay I think I might go with this one... seems legit.

@ZackR any idea where to get a drier relocation kit? I am not having any luck finding one.

My drier is in the stock location, others will chime in on the relocation kit details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom