What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got rid of the rattling-ass muffler, straight piped currently but that sounds like garbage. Going to fab up a new hanger and toss in a cheapo glass pack this coming weekend to fix that. Then, on to fixing my rattling-ass rear brake shield. That *should* eliminate all of my rattles...

Also got plugs and fluids still on the list.

Slick looking stove set up!
It works well, when I designed the rear swingout for the tire I added a female 2" receiver to the end so I could plug in the basket for when we go camping. My chainsaw usually lives on it until we get to camp, then it turns into the camp stove shelf.
I like this better than two swing outs as drivers side one would always be in the way when using the awning.

Did this then straight to step 6..
20200510_102234.jpg

Wow! Never seen one of those indigos before - like you said, a rarity! That pine forest is their habitat, right?

Yes, longleaf pine forest. Indigo snakes have been absent from AL for ca. 60 years. We are reintroducing them into Conecuh NF.

Changed oil and transfer case fluid. I used my last big oil filter. Now it's on to the yzzdddxxxx...I think that's the one.

I also put on new belt moulding on both front doors.
I have the weather stripping for the fronts too. Do I have to take the door panel off to remove that?

View attachment 2300878

View attachment 2300879
I took the door panels off and installed the inner weatherstripping.
Unfortunately I broke the black plastic triangle on the drivers side ugh. Ordered one from the dealership $20.

Yes, longleaf pine forest. Indigo snakes have been absent from AL for ca. 60 years. We are reintroducing them into Conecuh NF.
We still have them in East Texas but they are rare. They aren't as dark in color in Texas. I have heard that they get enormous!

Spent all week working towards removing the head (1fz) and finally got it off tonight. I’ve never gone this deep into engines on any of my cars so feeling pretty accomplished. Hopefully I can get the head into the machine shop early next week. I have a lot of cleaning up to do on other components as well. Going to refinish the valve cover, etc.

66D17462-7961-4E44-9D16-2B46A1353A3C.jpeg

We still have them in East Texas but they are rare. They aren't as dark in color in Texas. I have heard that they get enormous!

The large dark snakes in east Texas are Texas rat snakes. They aren't as dark because the adults retain some of the juvenile pattern. Indigo snakes are in Texas but only far south in the Rio Grande Valley and those will be Texas indigos a species separate from the eastern indigo.

Fired up the truck after two weeks of maintenance downtime and got a P0100 and a transmission fluid leak at the radiator. Some other loose ends too and I'm out of time to work on it, so I may lube up, bend over and take it to the mechanic :(

Did some painting. Monstaliner Medium quartz gray, and painted the grill. Had started to paint the wheels graphite, but I think I will have to switch to black, wheels and body are too close in color. New belt molding, and broke some 25 year old louvered vents on the rear. Win some lose some.

IMG_8166.jpg
610832237.jpg
IMG_8165.jpg

Finally got some sound in the thing. JVC double din and some 6.5” kickers for the front doors. I know lots of folks like to keep the stock speaker covers and keep it clean, but my door cards were already damaged there and these things sound great. I don’t think they look terrible, either
E93F7DE4-8002-4BE1-8880-81444B67AA47.jpeg

27B9DACB-F59E-49EE-8965-7C677E52202F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom