ABS, VSC OFF, VSC TRAC Lights on - Am I boned? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My ABS, VSC OFF, and VSC TRAC lights came on the other day and have not turned off. I got a hold of techstream and pulled these codes:

codes_100.PNG

Would it be worth even trying to replace the LH Speed Sensor to see if the codes clear, or does this definitely mean that my MC/Booster are getting the kiss of death?

Thanks for helping a noob. I am kind of at a loss for how to move forward.

Step 1 should be to check voltages and currents. Truck off, and truck on. You want to see if the problem behind 1241 is also causing low-voltage problems in other systems. Easy and free, if you have a meter.

Low alternator output can cause all sorts of problems and can light the Christmas tree up. Past that, I'd be much more worried about the three brake component codes than the speed sensors.

Reactions: jLB
Step 1 should be to check voltages and currents. Truck off, and truck on. You want to see if the problem behind 1241 is also causing low-voltage problems in other systems. Easy and free, if you have a meter.

Low alternator output can cause all sorts of problems and can light the Christmas tree up. Past that, I'd be much more worried about the three brake component codes than the speed sensors.

I had the alternator and battery checked the other day at autozone and they were fine. That may just be the car sitting since I'm working from home at the moment.

The brake component codes are certainly what I am worried about.

Shot in the dark, but I had the same issue in my 2000 and it was simply a burned out P light in the dash gauge cluster. Since there was no CEL showing with the other indicators, I never checked for codes. Pulled the gauge cluster, replaced my P bulb (and D while I was in there), and all went back to normal.

If your P light is still on, disregard...

I traced the wire for the Front LH Speed Sensor, and turns out it was not looking so hot:

image1.jpg

I replaced that with one of the $30 or so dollar ones from Amazon, and my dash lights cleared as soon as I turned the ignition. Brakes felt just fine, and in fact more responsive than before I replaced the sensor. I will run Techstream again when I have a moment and see if any other codes are still getting thrown. Thanks for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom