1978 sun visor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I just got a new headliner put into my 78’ FJ40 and it’s white with perforated holes. Now my tan 78’ sun visors don’t go. In my research, it seems like the white ones are for newer models. It’s unclear if I have the “short” or “long” arm visor because they all look the same when I look them up online, so I’m wondering:
***Does it matter if I put the “long” or “short” arm sun visors in? Do they bolt in with the same threaded holes and fit the same, or are they configured to fit only the specific years they were made for?
***Do they only make the white sun visors for newer model FJ40’s or can I get one with the same length “arm” my 78’ has?

Thank you for any help you can give! I’ve attached a photo of my drivers side sun visor in case any of you can identify if it’s the “long” or “short” arm.

0EBBA0D4-849F-45D5-B4BF-C53456D34A0A.jpeg

85D6B178-1C3E-42DD-B25F-04ED772A312C.jpeg

Vinyl spray paint does wonders for covering up the ugly tan on the visors. I did mine nearly 20 years ago and they still look good.

I 2nd what Kevin said. I used vinyl paint/stain from the auto parts store to change a pair of visors to black and they look as good as ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom