New owner looking for body cladding clip for 1997 lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello new to the forum. Recently purchased a 97 lx450. It’s got the white top portion and tan fender flares and tan bottom cladding. Looking to go solid white and I’m seeing that there are clips holding the body cladding on research I’ve been doing.

interested if anyone knows a part number or availability of replacement clips cause all removal attempts I’ve seen result in broken ones.

unless anyone has success just scuffing,etch priming and recoating with color to match and clear coat?

thanks

Look up Toyota body clips.. there are yellow & red clips.

I am contemplating this, after researching here i'd probably just paint with them on, you have an edge to tape to, unless you wanted a pro job and everything stripped. Seems like a lot of pain trying to get them back on, i'm planning to just paint my flares and some other parts black and will just mask the rest of the truck to do those parts instead of pulling.

I am contemplating this, after researching here i'd probably just paint with them on, you have an edge to tape to, unless you wanted a pro job and everything stripped. Seems like a lot of pain trying to get them back on, i'm planning to just paint my flares and some other parts black and will just mask the rest of the truck to do those parts instead of pulling.

I thought they could be painted keeping them on too, but wasn't sure.

Please send me a picture of how yours turn out. Ive got a couple of other higher priority issues to do first, but this is definitely on my top 5 to do.

I just sprayed right over the top of everything (including the crusty fender flare gaskets).

20190925_154451.jpg

The flares you can get clips, but the cladding you may be better off using 3m double-sided tape. The plastic mounts on these break.

I thought they could be painted keeping them on too, but wasn't sure.

Please send me a picture of how yours turn out. Ive got a couple of other higher priority issues to do first, but this is definitely on my top 5 to do.

Not sure when i'm going to do it but sooner than later, i'm just doing the flare portion so I will have a taped edge where it connects to the door panel but won't bother me. i've done most of the major maintenance stuff so ready for less important projects, I really want to paint the whole body but don't want to deal with pulling all the door panels and seals and painting all the jambs and hatch areas. I could just paint the outside but think it would bother me every time I opened the doors, he,he, so may just stick with the original color and touch up panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom