Builds DannyBCruzin in an FZJ80 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the red will make it faster and more mpgs

I think the red will make it faster and more mpgs
giphy.gif

View attachment 2287162
View attachment 2287163
View attachment 2287164
View attachment 2287165

P.S. Yes, I put the brake caliper back on lol. I also ordered a few more things:

1) Eibach Pro Truck 3" lift - a friend is buying my existing OME coils/KYB shocks combo
2) Delta VS Panhard relocation bracket & mil-spec battery terminals
3) DFG tilting 52 qt. fridge slide
4) CSI Black Ice 52 Qt. Fridge/Freezer from Mike's custom Toys
5) Metal Tech 4x4 sway bar drop bracket
6) Slee front & rear bump stops drop brackets
7) Not "ordered" - a buddy is building me a custom tire carrier/shelf system for the trunk area (quarantine projects ftw)

Now for a bunch of fluid changes, new belts, and other maintenance items while I wait for all this stuff.
Nice work, next up on my list too, if my truck survives the knife! Rust issues

Last edited:
It will. New TRE's are a world of difference in feel.
Can't wait! Already started on fluid replacements - did the engine and both diffs so far. Still gotta do transmission and transfer case, then replacing all the belts, including adding the missing one that @BILT4ME pointed out.

This came today. Such a great deal on this thing! Ordered and arrived within 3 days. $460 shipped for fridge and insulation bag. Check out the deal HERE on tacomaworld

FC5DBF73-B2F0-411F-AA9C-0745B26D0B8B.jpeg
70A9A4A9-A83B-454C-B1EE-BD94EB1B866F.jpeg
13A246EF-E0EC-409A-ACB1-65E9723548C0.jpeg

Also, my tie rod ends, Delta VS panhard bracket, and metaltech sway bar drop came in

Wow that is ridiculously cheap for a fridge. Let us know how its holding up after running it for a few weeks.
Will do! I have high hopes, as tacomaworld folks have been very pleased with it. It’s also allegedly the old ARB fridge design that they no longer make, so the factory sells it to other vendors for rebranding now. Also looks exactly the same as Indel-B and Truckfridge branded fridges.

Got my audio system back online with a new head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Gotta troubleshoot the driver side rear door speaker cutting in and out, but overall I'm stoked with how it came out. Hood strut replacement has become a challenge...the bolt for the little balljoint thing on the hood side disintegrated into mush after one attempt at loosening. Stopped after that one attempt since it'll likely be the same story on the other side

I’m a new to the forum. I need to replace my stereo head unit in my 94 fzj80. What make did you choose? Being new to DYI car repair, is getting that section of the dash loose difficult? I viewed a YouTube video from Texasknowhow of the procedure but that was on a 96 and the dash is a bit differnt. Any advice/tricks

Got my audio system back online with a new head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Gotta troubleshoot the driver side rear door speaker cutting in and out, but overall I'm stoked with how it came out. Hood strut replacement has become a challenge...the bolt for the little balljoint thing on the hood side disintegrated into mush after one attempt at loosening. Stopped after that one attempt since it'll likely be the same story on the other side
Need to replace the stereo head unit on my 94 fzj80. What make head unit did you use. Is the dash difficult to get behind? Saw a YouTube for a 96 head unit swap but that dash is a bit different. Any advice or tricks.

Yes pics of the new system! Mine sux sooo bad smh
I picked up struts that included the little knob on the hood, just take out old one, u can find that knob separately, I'll check..,part number etc

Edit: thar she blows

Screenshot_20200504-125330_Chrome.jpg

Need to replace the stereo head unit on my 94 fzj80. What make head unit did you use. Is the dash difficult to get behind? Saw a YouTube for a 96 head unit swap but that dash is a bit different. Any advice or tricks.
Pulling dash is easy take out the ash tray, and inside you will find 3 Phillip's screws, remove...
With those out ur dealing with 3 clips up top, you can pull, mine needed to be unscrewed then ur golden, pull up n out, niceneasy ;)

Yes pics of the new system! Mine sux sooo bad smh
I picked up struts that included the little knob on the hood, just take out old one, u can find that knob separately, I'll check..,part number etc

Edit: thar she blows

View attachment 2295135
Yup mine came with replacements for everything, but part 53440 above just turned to mush when I tried to loosen it smh

Pulling dash is easy take out the ash tray, and inside you will find 3 Phillip's screws, remove...
With those out ur dealing with 3 clips up top, you can pull, mine needed to be unscrewed then ur golden, pull up n out, niceneasy ;)

@hvlman is asking about a 94 model for which your instructions do not apply.

@hvlman is asking about a 94 model for which your instructions do not apply.
Now I am a bit confused. So, 80 series Al is not referring to a 94 model? The section of dash surrounding the stereo does extend in a narrow strip across top of steering column to end at driver’s door. Is there something more I should know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom