"Interchange Parts" - 3FE EGR Valve (25620-61120)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In a web search for Toyota part 25620-61120 (the discontinued 3FE EGR valve) I found a site that lists several "Interchange Parts" for 25620-61120. These are EGR valves made by different manufacturers. See: 25620-61120,TOYOTA 25620-61120; EGR Valve

Question: Does "interchange part" mean that these EGR valves can be used in place of the discontinued 25620-61120?

Presumably the parts are interchangeable, but that's not clear.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

T

Last edited:
I would like to know too. Only ones I've found are very used Ebay parts for lots of money. Given that these have rubber diaphragms, I'm guessing the used ones are going to be about as good as the one I have.

Spotted some EGR valves available 25620-65011. Some sites mark this as compatible with 3FEs? Anyone have a clue if that could act as a stand-in? (of course this could also be a false positive).

Spotted some EGR valves available 25620-65011. Some sites mark this as compatible with 3FEs? Anyone have a clue if that could act as a stand-in? (of course this could also be a false positive).

Might work. Buy it and try. This valve would be for the 3VZ-FE (3.SLOW) 4Runner/Pickup/T100 trucks from the mid-1990's.

Ok, got it. Its an EGR valve alright, but the mount is totally different. Maybe McGeorge will be cool about the restocking fee since they did list it as 'fits' on a 91 FJ80:
Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 2.31.25 PM.png

Here Are some pics:

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4588.jpeg

I would say this is a no-go for the 25620-65011. I guess an unless someone can find a compatible EGR valve, probably the long term solution is an EGR delete kit:

Looks like it could be made to work, fab up a 90' pipe, cut the flange off the old EGR, weld the 90' pipe to the flange??

Or, delete EGR if not required for inspections.

Seems like somebody (@NLXTACY) needs to make an adaptor for that as it appears there aren't any aftermarket direct fit EGR valves.

Seems like somebody (@NLXTACY) needs to make an adaptor for that as it appears there aren't any aftermarket direct fit EGR valves.

Yes - a complete kit with the EGR valve and adapters would be great; most surviving 3FEs (which is many) would benefit from it.

I would need both of them in front of me before I could even beginning making adapters. 😳

Yes - a complete kit with the EGR valve and adapters would be great; most surviving 3FEs (which is many) would benefit from it.

I would need both of them in front of me before I could even beginning making adapters. 😳

I'd volunteer to buy and ship to @NLXTACY one of the "interchange" EGR valves at the link at the top of the post if someone could get him an OEM EGR, maybe one removed for desmog. I might want some guidance on which interchange would be the best candidate.

I'd volunteer to buy and ship to @NLXTACY one of the "interchange" EGR valves at the link at the top of the post if someone could get him an OEM EGR, maybe one removed for desmog. I might want some guidance on which interchange would be the best candidate.

Did you ever find a solution for this? My EGR is falling apart.

Thanks

I've just pulled my old one and installed another used one from another donor. Mine had issues with the " T hard line " snapping and blowing spot everywhere. Any interest in this still?

16040045470356534225426944817800.jpg

16040045609613461246647258542943.jpg

The 1FZ-FE EGR looks like it could be made to work with maybe a plate adapter? It sure would be nice to find a working alternative to used old units. Its too bad its super hard/impossible to just replace that top vacuum actuated top since that is what really goes bad.

Marking this thread to see if there's ever any traction on it. I'm relatively ignorant, but I know I have a rough idle, etc and figured the EGR valve would be a place to start, only to find out the thing is mythical after being discontinued.
@red66toy I'm right outside Seattle, we don't need emissions anymore. is there any benefit to desmogging, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom