Front differential pinion seal leaking? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Marning Cruiser Heads,

I have a 1994 FJZ80. I suspect my front differential pinion seal is leaking but I want to be sure. Assuming it is the pinion seal, is there a kit I should buy or do I just need to buy a new seal and install it?

I'm not a mechanic but do wrench on my own cars and would like to try and tackle this? Is there anything specific I should know when replacing the seal?

My front pumpkin is covered in oil (I have since cleaned it) and it appears to be leaking from the back where it attaches too the driveshaft. I have attached pictures (pictures won't upload ..I keep getting: "the uploaded file was not an image as expected"). Any help on this matter is grately appreciated. FWIW, I have done a good amount of research on this before posting these questions. Thanks so much.

Good Marning Cruiser Heads,

I have a 1994 FJZ80. I suspect my front differential pinion seal is leaking but I want to be sure. Assuming it is the pinion seal, is there a kit I should buy or do I just need to buy a new seal and install it?

I'm not a mechanic but do wrench on my own cars and would like to try and tackle this? Is there anything specific I should know when replacing the seal?

My front pumpkin is covered in oil (I have since cleaned it) and it appears to be leaking from the back where it attaches too the driveshaft. I have attached pictures (pictures won't upload ..I keep getting: "the uploaded file was not an image as expected"). Any help on this matter is grately appreciated. FWIW, I have done a good amount of research on this before posting these questions. Thanks so much.

Literally have the same problem! Looking for some solutions too! Following

Same problem here. Good reading for you--I think I've read this thread at least three times already

First unplug the breather and make sure it’s not clogged. The pinnion seal will leak when you have a clogged breather
That’s where I’d start
Happened on the 100,80
And the 200 clogged /stuck breather cap. After replacing issue went away .

I second the last two comments. I’ve seen that happen more than the deal go bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom