Holy hell Batman! Somethings living inside my air filter box! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oh man I just checked that filter at the bottom of the air filter box...it was FILLED to the brim with pellets about the size of large dog food kibble...read not a mouse...
I checked and no...rat poop filter is not oem spec. Soooo cant wait to find a carcus in the air box havent checked yet!

Screenshot_20200423-171056_Google.jpg

Open it up already!!! Don't be scared! Haha.

Oh man I just checked that filter at the bottom of the air filter box...it was FILLED to the brim with pellets about the size of large dog food kibble...read not a mouse...
I checked and no...rat poop filter is not oem spec. Soooo cant wait to find a carcus in the air box havent checked yet!

View attachment 2283404
Ha!

I got a friend''s old Studebaker Avanti running (289 w/ Paxton supercharger) and had to drive it 70 miles to it's new home. A group of us got 23 cars running and driveable in 4 hours.

I could NOT get this car to run right and had to keep my foot in it at the light to keep it from stalling.

The guy that eventually bought it called me to talk about it and it turned out that the intake filter housing was COMPLETELY packed full of mice and mouse debris to where it couldn't breathe. I thought we had one going through each car checking these things and he must have missed this one.

Make sure your filter is in good condition and doesn't have holes eaten in it! Get the Toyota filter for it!

It's a child of your filter box! Big mama filter box giving him trashy dust each day, so soon it's will grow to another filter box so you can have spare or sell it. Leave it there

This was not normal, pls expand.

20200423_172026.jpg

WTF... my guess is large rat or something

20200423_172043.jpg

As you read this, I'm looking up what disease I may have caught today!

20200423_182557.jpg

There was no sign of anyone or anything inside the tuna can... so I was kinda letdown and kept hunting for vermin
Found one!

20200423_185923.jpg

Hiding under here

20200423_185944.jpg

Last edited:
That's not good! Those little s***s will eat your wiring. Better get the moth balls and a few cats

^^^ Little guy found a good place to sleep :).

The bits in the tuna can may be cat/dog food that the mice carried in there.

Yeah, that was dog food in the tuna can.

And you NEED a new filter. That's one's hashed!

Glad you found the carcass!

When I got my truck, there was a pond on the passenger front floor due to a leaky sunroof. They had a dog in there and there must have been 5 LB of dog food scattered throughout the truck and about half of it was growing due to the high moisture environment.

Keep after it! You're creating your "story" and you have the rights to tell it however many times and to whomever you want!

Great job!

Yeah, that was dog food in the tuna can.

And you NEED a new filter. That's one's hashed!

Glad you found the carcass!

When I got my truck, there was a pond on the passenger front floor due to a leaky sunroof. They had a dog in there and there must have been 5 LB of dog food scattered throughout the truck and about half of it was growing due to the high moisture environment.

Keep after it! You're creating your "story" and you have the rights to tell it however many times and to whomever you want!

Great job!
Thanks man, yup new filter on its way... might drop by local Toyota...
Im blessed it seems to have no *known* leaky issues... sunroof is big culprate.. mine works well except when closing, at about 1/3 the way, I hear like a snap! Kinda scary...w the glass.. no idea
I did find a penny sized hole in my driver footwell not long ago... pretty dry.. but added it to the list

How did you take care of the shaggy dog carpet mess? - im about to tear my carpet and seats out asap after today's mess...need new seat motors x2 so hoping I can swing those next lol

Hey man @BILT4ME I'm just along for the ride you know, gonna see where this thing takes me! I feel like I'm just a steward of this truck. Once it's back to full health then I'll feel safer pushing it harder, this before going offroad at all! I'll feel it out, be on here make sure its trail fit
I have a big family, me an the momma bear have 5 cubs so we fill the cruiser out nicely. I'm dying to outfit this thing for some serious camping trips overlanding style, the whole shebang...I'd also love a frame off one day...dreams guys
Al

Last edited:
I spent about 2 hours with a shop vac cleaning the carpets and soap and water to wipe down every surface. All the dash buttons looked like he stuck his fingers in his dog's ass, then rubbed them on the buttons.

I used about 4 cans of lemon Lysol spray cans on the carpet to kill the mold and offset the dog smell. I'm still fighting the sunroof leak. It finally broke a cable so now it doesn't fully close, so I regularly change out the duct tape on the roof. I finally bought a used one that I'm going to go through and clean and lube then install.

I'm going to wait to pull the carpet until I get my sunroof leaks fixed, then I will do that and dynamat the floor and doors. I've only been driving it for 8 years and haven't done those. But I have put on over 102K miles in that time. Then I will powerwash it and maybe add a new backer to make it smell nicer. Thee are a LOT of stains on the carpet, but I am in and out of it with boots all the time and I take it to job sites, so it gets dirty inside. I love my Weathertech floor mats. They're expensive, but fit well.

I've been doing other things as well like the window belt mouldings to seal up the doors and air leaks. Going to need to do some door seals as well soon.

All the dash buttons looked like he stuck his fingers in his dog's ass, then rubbed them on the buttons.
And just like that, I found my new signature line.

The pellets in the tuna can appear to be too large to get though the narrow
slit opening in the bottom of the filter assembly. And unless there was a team of (escaped) trained circus mice, how would a mouse get the tuna can off, fill it up, and then snap it back in place??

Maybe the PO was using the tuna can as storage for the Kibbles? Using them as doggie suppositories (which would explain the brown fingers) or a food stash in case of a Pandemic??

OR, a jealous girlfriend figured she would sabotage the vehicle by stuffing the tuna can full of stinky somethings??

OR, those aren't Kibbles; maybe the vehicle had been used by a drug mule and that's was where he stored the raw opium (which smells like a combo of licorice, molasses, and feces).

Last edited:
Day 3 I think it was....you have to remove the previous occupants/owners dna haha

IMG_20170808_1657340.jpg

You guys are freaking me out! My truck has been in storage for the last nine months, under a car cover, parked outside my mom's condo in SoCal. I really hope I don't find a family of rodents treating it like a Budget Inn. You guys have me skeered...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom