New 200 Series Wheel Option - OZ Rally Raid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OZ Racing has come out with a new Dakar Rally inspired wheel called the Rally Raid. Available in our 5x150 bolt pattern in 17x8 +30 and 18x8.5+30 Land Cruiser 200 series configurations. Our market options have always been fairly limited so a new option is always exciting to me.

I like that they chose to go with a +30 offset, seems to be a good spot for being wide and flush with the fenders, without compromising scrub radius or fender rubbing. Plus they seem to be good quality (heat treated and Made in Italy), look fairly decent, and come in a nice 17" size to allow for maximum sidewall. Should give the Evo Corse DakarZero, TRD Rock Warrior, etc some competition. Now if only Volk started offering those TE37/TE37XT's in a 17" +20-35 LC200 fitment!

No idea where to order them from, but some are on Tire Rack in different fitments and in the $275-325 per wheel price range.

I have heard about OZ wheels for a long time, but never owned a set or read up on them much.

What does the following from their web page mean: "Designed to satisfy the tastes and needs of enthusiasts who never take their off-road vehicles to extremes but enjoy them in everyday life and pleasure trips outside the city..."?

On the surface it makes them sound kind of fragile.

Looks like the Tire Rack website does not recognize the 17x8 +30 Rally Raid NC as an option for the 200 series Land Cruiser, however the Tire Rack website does recognize both the 17x8 +30 and 18x8.5 +30 (5-150 bolt pattern) wheels for the 2013 Tundra Rock Warrior.

The pictures on the Tire Rack website show a six bolt pattern, however the description on the Tire Rack website for the black (2013 Tundra Rock Warrior) wheel is:

The description for the bronze painted Rally Raid NC wheel (for the 2013 Tundra Rock Warrior) on the Tire Rack website is:

NOTE: Tire Rack will not guarantee fitment of the Rally Raid NC for a 2013 Tundra Rock Warrior on a 200 series Land Cruiser and if ordered, are non-returnable.

Last edited:
Good news. Always good to have more 17" options with a decent offset for 35s. Looks like the fine fine print has no hubcap for the 5x150s

Applications without the hubcap:

8x17

W01C00001RF 5x150
W01C00001R9 5x150
W01C00102RF 6x139.7 ET 25
W01C00102R9 6x139.7 ET 25

8.5x18

W01C01001RF 5x150
W01C01001R9 5x150
W01C01803RF 6x139.7 ET 25
W01C01803R9 6x139.7 ET 25

Check out the "Alpha Equipt Wheels" - they have a few models specific to the 200 series and they hang their hat on "normal" offsets made to bring a lifted truck closer to factory specs. Their specs are awesome: 17x8.5 +35 and they weigh ~26lbs with a load rating of 2650 per wheel. Multiple styles though I'm sure those figures vary slightly between each.

Three versions in several colors. Nice! No specs for easy consumption though

I have heard about OZ wheels for a long time, but never owned a set or read up on them much.

What does the following from their web page mean: "Designed to satisfy the tastes and needs of enthusiasts who never take their off-road vehicles to extremes but enjoy them in everyday life and pleasure trips outside the city..."?

I had a set of OZ Ultraleggeras on a BMW coupe I had back in the day. They were an 18" size, with normal-sized rubber for the car. Within about six months I had two air-leaking dents in the wheels, and one crack. All from city potholes. Got the wheels fixed and sold them. Since then I've only ever used OEM wheels.

Good news. Always good to have more 17" options with a decent offset for 35s. Looks like the fine fine print has no hubcap for the 5x150s

Applications without the hubcap:

8x17

W01C00001RF 5x150
W01C00001R9 5x150
W01C00102RF 6x139.7 ET 25
W01C00102R9 6x139.7 ET 25

8.5x18

W01C01001RF 5x150
W01C01001R9 5x150
W01C01803RF 6x139.7 ET 25
W01C01803R9 6x139.7 ET 25

and the OZ application list for the Rally Raid wheels includes the 'Land Cruiser 200 series' for both 8x17 and 8.5x18 (5x150) :

Note that the manufacturer numbers in the 'description' on the Tire Rack website correspond to the application numbers on the OZ website.

8x17

W01C00001RF 5x150
W01C00001R9 5x150

8.5x18

W01C01001RF 5x150
W01C01001R9 5x150

I’m looking for a 17” but thanks for pointing that out and it talked me out of them.

“... The wheel design lends a technical aspect to the vehicle, perfect for enthusiasts whose off-road is a lifestyle choice”

Translation: for people who what to give off the image that they off road but never off road. For the same crowd go along perfectly as a fashion accessory to your: lift, RTT, safari rack, AT tires, sliders, jerry can,...

Seems like they have some other oddly worded parts, could be a translation issue. I think they meant it to clarify that this isn't a forged Dakar rally "rated" wheel as their marketing could suggest, and that the "extremes" would need beadlocks and the like. Our Land Cruisers are typically our daily drivers as well, so I'd assume they're just putting out a disclaimer that it's suited for that sort of ownership - not competition race trucks, but for daily driving and hitting local trails at the very least. Aside from load ratings, there aren't many objective ways to readily compare the durability of a wheel.

From this technical standpoint, it looks like the Rally Raid's 1200kg (2645 lbs) load rating is fairly comparable to the competition. The Evo Corse DakarZero has a 1400kg (3086 lbs) load rating, Icon Alloys are rated at 2750 lbs, and the SCS Ray10's are rated at 2200-2500lbs.

and the OZ application list for the Rally Raid wheels includes the 'Land Cruiser 200 series' for both 8x17 and 8.5x18 (5x150) :

Note that the manufacturer numbers in the 'description' on the Tire Rack website correspond to the application numbers on the OZ website.

8x17

W01C00001RF 5x150
W01C00001R9 5x150

8.5x18

W01C01001RF 5x150
W01C01001R9 5x150

Yeah Tire Rack won't let you order most wheels past any OEM specs, so that explains why it's hard to figure out which is the one for the LC200. But per those model numbers, it seems to be the right fit that OZ advertises for the LC200! Good find.

Seems like they have some other oddly worded parts, could be a translation issue. I think they meant it to clarify that this isn't a forged Dakar rally "rated" wheel as their marketing could suggest, and that the "extremes" would need beadlocks and the like. ...

That makes sense. And kind of fits in to my experience.

Having broken a cast wheel, and bent the rim of a forged wheel (that a local custom wheel shop was able to repair), I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want anything other than forged or steelies for serious off-roading.

They list A356, heat treated, as the material. Decent alloy that is fairly standard on good cast wheels.

The NC versions should look like this 6 lug version...
IMG_3391.JPG

Three versions in several colors. Nice! No specs for easy consumption though
Yeah, had to hit them up on IG to get info, they were quick to respond but I assume a fairly small company and don't post all their specs because most folks prob don't even care to ask.

Anyone running these in the 17 inch option?

Reactions: HGB
Hello timjax,

The black wheel contrasts nicely with the gray color. Did you consider any other color? Would a gray wheel be too close to the car color?

Here are bronze 18's on my 2020 Heritage with Blizzaks. We head up north frequently during the winter- so a proper snow I find worth it.

Installing today I note that there is less lug stud available from factory. Factory has about 24mm and these OZ's leave only 16.8. Just about 10 turns on them, which looking up on the old internet seems safe. Both factory and OZ nuts would seem to accomodate another 10 MM of stud though.

I've called Tire Rack and described the issue and they'll get back to me on Monday. Initial response was 10 turns should do it. Still... it's only 2/3 of what the factory was (about 14 turns).

Happy with the look, sadly no center caps. Surely some could fit, just need somebody to make some. Offset is just enough, but flaps should still cover just right.

Also amazed that the factory jack doesn't suffice. Using the jackpoint specified in the manual for the front, it would not lift the factory wheel enough as the suspension droops. I figured out my own way, but jeeze- I traded my Mercedes because I was disappointed with the build quality and attention to some details. Seems a clear whiff on Toyota's tech writer.

I used my floor jack and jack pad under the A arm, not much lift required then. But would love to know what the "official" safe way is.

Also interestingly the TPMS picked right up. No reset required.

IMG_1504.jpg
IMG_1503.jpg
IMG_1505.jpg
IMG_1501.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom