Tachometer Light Bulb Burned Out — Need Help With Choosing Replacement Bulbs For My Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrq

Threads
The right half of my tachometer’s illumination burned out a few days ago. I thought instead of just replacing the tachometer’s bulb I’d replace ALL of the bulbs in my dashboard and behind my climate control panel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct bulbs to purchase in order to replace all of these? I would like to stick with green color lights — similar to the stock light color.

Thanks in advance!

EC3A55B9-03AF-47B6-A677-62EA3D760A12.jpeg

Before any of the LED crowd ‘swear’ you need to LED your isht, I am happy you dig the bulbs we got as OE.

Here’s why:

::: I live in the country - I’m not competing to light my dash with much above a rando streetlight in town, and nuttin’ but than them stars outside town, literally.
(in a cloudy state at that 😉) :::

So we don’t need “Vegas Strip” lights - my cluster is just “off -dim” all but the sunny months here, like ~5 of them.

-So, since you posted your locale, I fully endorse sticking w/ OE bulbs & holders.

If nobody helps you, I have a extra late-cluster open on my desk right now-if you need parts pics, I‘m sitting on one.

it’s not FS, it’s just pic-worthy for help.

All the OE bulbs are available, but they are spendy. Like $3-$9/each and that's at Norwalk Toyota. I would just replace the ones that are burnt out as needed. It's not very time consuming to get at all the components.

Reactions: mrq
Before any of the LED crowd ‘swear’ you need to LED your isht, I am happy you dig the bulbs we got as OE.

Here’s why:

::: I live in the country - I’m not competing to light my dash with much above a rando streetlight in town, and nuttin’ but than them stars outside town, literally.
(in a cloudy state at that 😉) :::

So we don’t need “Vegas Strip” lights - my cluster is just “off -dim” all but the sunny months here, like ~5 of them.

-So, since you posted your locale, I fully endorse sticking w/ OE bulbs & holders.

If nobody helps you, I have a extra late-cluster open on my desk right now-if you need parts pics, I‘m sitting on one.

it’s not FS, it’s just pic-worthy for help.

Yes, I’m definitely wanting to stick with OEM.
I’m not sure what you mean by “extra late cluster”.... Do you happen to know the part # of the bulbs I’m looking for — or do you know where I can get them online?

Thanks!

All the OE bulbs are available, but they are spendy. Like $3-$9/each and that's at Norwalk Toyota. I would just replace the ones that are burnt out as needed. It's not very time consuming to get at all the components.

I personally can’t replace the bulbs because I have no clue how to. So I was going to have my 80 mechanic do it next time my rig is in for work. I figured it would be best just to replace them all at one time so I don’t have to worry about them for another 25yrs.

Poor wording......I have a spare, loose cluster of the ’96-‘97 vintage if you need pics without pulling yours - so you are set going in with enough new bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom