New Member! '93 LC In SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
Just bought a 93 LC last week and already fixing it up little by little. Every day since, I've been on this website trying to learn more about these vehicles and trying to find solutions to some of the issues with the vehicle. I will definitely post in the tech forum: rear lock hatch doesn't close, windows issues..... I bought it for off-roading and looking to build up to that.

Semi-Newbie to anything automobile, fixing, replacing, or basic vehicle autonomy. My first lesson is replacing the gas tank of the '93. Picking up a replacement tomorrow and attempting to change it myself. I have a lot to learn.

I am looking for some good cheap front seats in the LA area (currently sitting on metal). Will also put up a rear wind deflector that came with the vehicle but was not installed for those interested in the classified soon. My uncle was selling me his 91 LC for $3k. Might convince him to put it up on this website.

20200408_155041.jpg

20200408_155324.jpg

20200408_155408.jpg

20200408_160009.jpg

20200413_112922.jpg

I bought a. 80 last year in the same color in the LA area. Paint is in similar shape. Slowly making improvements.

Nice pickup. Bought a '94 in that same red last fall, just N of you in OR. Been baselining since - EGR/PAIR delete, full cooling system overhal, new injectors, fuel pump, O2 sensors, all new fluids... the list goes on. Still chasing poor acceleration and crappy idle.

How does your run?

Nice pickup. Bought a '94 in that same red last fall, just N of you in OR. Been baselining since - EGR/PAIR delete, full cooling system overhal, new injectors, fuel pump, O2 sensors, all new fluids... the list goes on. Still chasing poor acceleration and crappy idle.

How does your run?
Man, what I'd give to do an EGR delete... dumb draconian smog laws. What's wrong with your idle?

Yeah we have emissions testing too but not nearly as strict as CA. And man, I have no idea, I'm 99% sure its electrical either on the injector harness or the O2 sensor harness. Just hesitant to tear into factory wiring currently. Been systematic testing everything and replacing 26 year old parts as PM. Fuel pressure test this week, run another compression test and go from their.

Yeah we have emissions testing too but not nearly as strict as CA. And man, I have no idea, I'm 99% sure its electrical either on the injector harness or the O2 sensor harness. Just hesitant to tear into factory wiring currently. Been systematic testing everything and replacing 26 year old parts as PM. Fuel pressure test this week, run another compression test and go from their.
How many miles is yours? Mine is also a 94, only 167k, and I don't have any idle problems that I know of. I have no idea what kind of work has been done in the past

How many miles is yours? Mine is also a 94, only 167k, and I don't have any idle problems that I know of. I have no idea what kind of work has been done in the past
310K 😬
So yeah that comes with the territory. Neat trucks though, once I'm done on the mechanical side I need brakes/tie rod/and rebuild the rear and parking brake. Neverending but nice to have a project.

Car fax is $40 and might be worth it for service records. Mine came with stacks of records but still problems. Eventually I'm gonna LS swap it in the next 1-3 years.

Have you cleaned your TB and IAC yet? I did and my idle is now perfect!
I bought my 93, same color, in SAN Francisco area last March, 280,000 miles.

Have you cleaned your TB and IAC yet? I did and my idle is now perfect!
I bought my 93, same color, in SAN Francisco area last March, 280,000 miles.
TB has been cleaned but I want to double check those little ports on top. And IAC ohms out fine, what is the cleaning process?

How does your run?
It runs well so far. It goes 80+ on the fwy with no problem. The engine was rebuilt in 2018 so that was a big plus. Strong engine. As for now everything looks good. I have a JK as my daily driver and I was much more impressed by the LC engine. There is a small lag, but I think that might get fixed with a transmission flush.

It runs well so far. It goes 80+ on the fwy with no problem. The engine was rebuilt in 2018 so that was a big plus. Strong engine. As for now everything looks good. I have a JK as my daily driver and I was much more impressed by the LC engine. There is a small lag, but I think that might get fixed with a transmission flush.
Nice. I dream of 80 on the Hwy 😂 good luck, congrats on the purchase. HTH on all questions with my little experience.

I just did a trans flush a few weeks ago, I can give you some good tips. I’m on my phone rn but I’ll post it later today.

Car fax is $40 and might be worth it for service records. Mine came with stacks of records but still problems. Eventually I'm gonna LS swap it in the next 1-3 years.
Man LS swap is a dream for me because I cut my teeth on SBC’s. Unfortunately I think I’m CA I think I’d have a better chance of getting away with murder than swapping an engine like that into an OBD I car that is also required to go through the more stringent STAR smog check.

TB has been cleaned but I want to double check those little ports on top. And IAC ohms out fine, what is the cleaning process?
The seat to the plunger carbs up so it does not seat and it hunts for position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom