FJ25 Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey 25 guys, how hard to come by is the early turn signal switch? We're there different switches on the 25? Just thinking down the FJ35 road as I'm working on the LV.

image.jpg

Hey 25 guys, how hard to come by is the early turn signal switch? We're there different switches on the 25? Just thinking down the FJ35 road as I'm working on the LV.

View attachment 2281286

Gene,

There were two different versions dash mounted for trafficators and column mounted as pictured in your post for turn signals. Both versions are very hard to come by.

Column mounted turn signal switch has self cancellation function and was offered on 20 series and early Toyopet. - “Ask me how do I know”. After more than a decade of searching for column mounted switch, one day it appeared on eBay (Thanks to @andybudge for pointing me in right direction in time). I didn’t want to miss it at any cost so offered my arm & leg to seller and secured the deal.

I believe all 20 series Australian models and everywhere else pre mid 58 models had only trafficators and dash mounted switch. Both Gabe @Indygbd and Nathan @scoobiedubes have this switch and can provide more information.

Last edited:

View attachment 2281286
Still looking for the column switch myself! Granted i haven’t been looking more than a few months but seems like something that will only pop up once in a blue moon. If you’re not adding winkers I think you probably don’t need the dash mounted one Archie mentioned, which is probably good news.

My plan for the column switch for now that you might consider is one of the old Guide brand GM switches - there are several and easy to find on eBay. The one I found looks similar’ish to the FJ25 one but my thought process is that it’s a 6 wire like the FJ25 one, and I’m not making any permanent modifications to the truck. so if I somehow locate the 25 switch someday it should be an easy drop in replacement.

Still looking for the column switch myself! Granted i haven’t been looking more than a few months but seems like something that will only pop up once in a blue moon. If you’re not adding winkers I think you probably don’t need the dash mounted one Archie mentioned, which is probably good news.

My plan for the column switch for now that you might consider is one of the old Guide brand GM switches - there are several and easy to find on eBay. The one I found looks similar’ish to the FJ25 one but my thought process is that it’s a 6 wire like the FJ25 one, and I’m not making any permanent modifications to the truck. so if I somehow locate the 25 switch someday it should be an easy drop in replacement.
The problem with the early column switches is that almost all have a broken lever switch. Mine do

Happy belated Father’s Day to everyone as well! We took the family up to Durango Saturday to the San Juan Skyway (one of my favorite drives) and then over Bolam Pass. It wasn’t in a land cruiser (don’t judge me, our Sportsmobile Van has a lot more space for all of us and a pop up tent on the roof!) but it was a fun and bumpy ride nonetheless! We are in telluride now. I might just keep driving with the kids the rest of the summer. Parenting and camping is a lot easier than parenting stuck in the house in Phoenix summer! Marshmallows are a great end of the day bribe for good behavior. Stay safe all!

D2165411-5AA1-4E7E-A65E-C957ADF1D59F.jpeg

3C7157F8-94AB-4EA7-96DC-DE0A990D277B.jpeg

8F180296-74DB-40E5-AB0D-F5B6F7B6B16F.jpeg

88AF2F8F-2481-46EB-9A3F-CA19500EB0FB.jpeg

8472529F-A52F-4DED-A267-B597E42B8A5D.jpeg

Restoration? 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom