New steering wheel installed LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched and read up on steering wheel upgrades in the forum and the web.

Finally got it done. 3 hours, only bc I made few mistakes. I could probably do it in 45 min now.

Color is slightly off, but much better than my old steering wheel.

Wheel is from Taiwan. Great sellar on eBay. About $250.

Maybe I will get my OEM redone so I can use it again in 15 years when this one goes bad.

Any questions feel free to reach out. The only struggle was 1) getting the original wheel off 2) making sure the new wheel was not off center for steering, and 3) resetting the airbag into the steering wheel.

I found out in the process that the grinding noise I have is the lower part of the wheel scraping against the steering wheel mount bc the plastic is not grabbing it close to the steering wheel.

Photos for the ones contemplating.

ADDFE89F-F3BC-4E77-94CF-CBCFCA2094CA.jpeg

E7A20381-EE8D-410C-A32E-005876092EB5.jpeg

F6D0A538-EC65-432F-A8D2-97DE1A524E98.jpeg

DC52F167-BBC5-4229-8AF8-C2BFF0BEB525.jpeg

81AE6D64-C516-4923-A014-83D2204AB59B.jpeg

Did they have any with matching color wood?

Link to seller? All the recommended wheels have dead links...

They didn't have choices. I just ordered it. Steering wheel feels so much better. Not perfect color, but for the price, I am a happy camper.

They didn't have choices. I just ordered it. Steering wheel feels so much better. Not perfect color, but for the price, I am a happy camper.

You can always sand off the clear coat on the real wood and dye it to match, would look awesome actually and modern. Someone removed the clear coat and did this but kept stock color, looked great just can't find the thread.

EDIT:

Here it is Lx470 interior wood trim overhaul

I installed an ebay wheel on mine as well. Color is a better match but not 100%. Here’s a link to the one I got:

C08F519C-C578-4985-8FE7-C1B531D51F87.jpeg
9132FADB-5C22-4452-A1F1-4B374A068231.jpeg

My color combo is identical to the OPs (mismatched wheel and all) and I think it's kinda funny. Good job on the swap, not feeling the cracked wood makes all the difference.

OP, I just installed the same wheel as you last week, and had the exact same scraping noise. Very annoying since I bought a wheel from the same seller and had no issues with the fit. I ended up sanding down the clamshell, and am now noise free.

Has anyone just wrapped the entire wheel in new color matched leather?

I ordered a prado 120 cover that fits our wheels. Not color matched, but it's a full leather wrap. I'll post up pics once It arrives and gets installed

I did. The closest color the upholstery shop had was still off. That’s why I just decided to get the ebay wheel hoping the leather would be a better match

CCAEA987-1D6A-4E1E-BAF6-55477E7162DA.jpeg
FF0A31ED-D882-498F-8480-DC8EFD0B100A.jpeg
3547F444-63E0-4A44-9484-7CE5595532DC.jpeg

@HRTROB I was about to ask you where you are when I saw the garbage on the street and the license plate on the parked cars, then I look at your sig.
Nice job Kabayan from another Noypi.;):cheers:

I ordered a prado 120 cover that fits our wheels. Not color matched, but it's a full leather wrap. I'll post up pics once It arrives and gets installed

Please advise when able my friend. I'd like to mitigate some of this LX wood trim too...

@HRTROB I'm looking to replace my steering wheel too. Does anyone know the difference between a V2 and non-V2?

@HRTROB I'm looking to replace my steering wheel too. Does anyone know the difference between a V2 and non-V2?

Not sure what the difference is. Mine is a V2. Somebody needs to get the V1 so we can compare ;)

I can do it in 20 minutes now because I had to reinstall everything a few times to get it aligned. Best thing I did was rent a steering wheel removal tool from a parts store. And remember to mark your center point before reinstalling!

The beige light wood wheels are back in stock at the eBay seller. I just ordered one. Two sold in the last few minutes. Selling like hotcakes today. Will post pictures when it arrives.

The beige light wood wheels are back in stock at the eBay seller. I just ordered one. Two sold in the last few minutes. Selling like hotcakes today. Will post pictures when it arrives.

Looks like you bought the Non-V2 wheel. We should compare them when they arrive.

Searched and read up on steering wheel upgrades in the forum and the web.

Finally got it done. 3 hours, only bc I made few mistakes. I could probably do it in 45 min now.

Color is slightly off, but much better than my old steering wheel.

Wheel is from Taiwan. Great sellar on eBay. About $250.

Maybe I will get my OEM redone so I can use it again in 15 years when this one goes bad.

Any questions feel free to reach out. The only struggle was 1) getting the original wheel off 2) making sure the new wheel was not off center for steering, and 3) resetting the airbag into the steering wheel.

I found out in the process that the grinding noise I have is the lower part of the wheel scraping against the steering wheel mount bc the plastic is not grabbing it close to the steering wheel.

Photos for the ones contemplating.

View attachment 2268785

View attachment 2268786

View attachment 2268788

View attachment 2268789

View attachment 2268792
Would you want to sell your old one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom