Builds Sky Blue 76 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clean and looking out of place

image.jpg

Took a few hours to get the brakes dialed in. I started with a totally dry system.
Filled the reservoirs. Gravity isn’t going to help.
Used a Mityvac to pull fluid to all corners. Bled them with a helper.
Went for a drive.
Bled them again.
This is the point where it can get confusing. You know the air is out of the system but the pedal still travels further down on the first pump than the second.
It’s all rear drums from here.
Jack up rear, adjust all 4 until the tires drag heavily. Lower and test drive. Stop hard numerous times.
I had to do this a dozen times.
Each time when I returned and jacked up the rear and felt the resistance to spinning the rear tires, they were too loose. It takes a lot of stops to bed in those rear shoes. A lot.

Last edited:
These had never been apart and the shoes still had life. I don’t think dead mouse is a good brake lube thoughView attachment 2261585
Our threads are so similar! Right down to the rusty tail lights. I dealt with bleeding the brakes for two weeks before I figure it out how to get the air out. I’m trying to figure out how to adjust them. It’s a fine line between pedal going to the floor and rear is locking up so far… Getting closer.

Our threads are so similar! Right down to the rusty tail lights. I dealt with bleeding the brakes for two weeks before I figure it out how to get the air out. I’m trying to figure out how to adjust them. It’s a fine line between pedal going to the floor and rear is locking up so far… Getting closer.
I think longer drives after each adjustment help get the bubbles to the bleeders and help bed the shoes. It’s really difficult to get it if you can only go a mile or so.

Reattach your washer bottle before you lose it. ;)

And it looks like you’re ready to take that octopus off your left fender. :bounce:

Reattach your washer bottle before you lose it. ;)

And it looks like you’re ready to take that octopus off your left fender. :bounce:
Unfortunately, I elbowed my washer bottle getting the manifolds out and it’s broken from the mount. I just haven’t gotten around to replacing it.
I do need to remove that last piece of emissions equipment. It might be of use to someone in Cali...

Unfortunately, I elbowed my washer bottle getting the manifolds out and it’s broken from the mount. I just haven’t gotten around to replacing it.
I do need to remove that last piece of emissions equipment. It might be of use to someone in Cali...

I did the same thing to my washer bottle a couple weeks ago. Elbow went right through it. So brittle! Going to go without for a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom