craigslist 1996 FZJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been a long time follower of MUD and just made my account as I’m deciding to jump in on an FZJ80 and thought this might be good. The owner of that Craigslist post is extremely difficult to deal with. Will keep your posted. Thanks for the find OP.

@C F Frost My pleasure. Welcome to the forum. I’m sorry the seller is being difficult to deal with. Lately I’ve noticed some great deals. I enjoy looking for them and posting them. Happy hunting and good luck.

Update: Car is unregistered or uninsured. Guy said he can't drive it to the local Mechanic b/c of that. Any ideas how I can get this car to the mechanic? I'm located in California so I need this local LC Mechanic to inspect the vehicle. I asked the owner if he has AAA so he can get the tow truck to drop it off, but he doesn't have AAA.

Fly in and check it out, find someone close by to check it out (mobile mechanic), or just bail on it. I've been burned by Sellers in Miami before advertising a great truck and then you show up and its a rust bucket underneath or has lots of bondo/repair work. Its well known that lots of well used/auctioned cars end up in S. Florida for export to South America, so it stands to reason there is an above avg rate of suspect cars in that area imho. Not saying anything about this particular one, but the odds are higher there than say Kansas or Nebraska. Just be weary and don't feel the urge to splurge. Do your due diligence, and bail out if you cannot.

Fly in and check it out, find someone close by to check it out (mobile mechanic), or just bail on it. I've been burned by Sellers in Miami before advertising a great truck and then you show up and its a rust bucket underneath or has lots of bondo/repair work. Its well known that lots of well used/auctioned cars end up in S. Florida for export to South America, so it stands to reason there is an above avg rate of suspect cars in that area imho. Not saying anything about this particular one, but the odds are higher there than say Kansas or Nebraska. Just be weary and don't feel the urge to splurge. Do your due diligence, and bail out if you cannot.
Cheers to that, thank you.

@C F Frost
I would go check it out for you but it’s 8.5 hours away. Seller is not helping sell it . I would look into this one quicksand1stgen .
Reservation Cody has a nice modified rig.
RockLocker has a very nice original example. Finally the 97 LX450 in Orlando was nice. You have a lot of options. Just depends on what you’re looking for. I hate that some are having to sell because of this pandemic. Sorry I’m not more help...

@C F Frost
I would go check it out for you but it’s 8.5 hours away. Seller is not helping sell it . I would look into this one quicksand1stgen .
Reservation Cody has a nice modified rig.
RockLocker has a very nice original example. Finally the 97 LX450 in Orlando was nice. You have a lot of options. Just depends on what you’re looking for. I hate that some are having to sell because of this pandemic. Sorry I’m not more help...
Thank you for that. There's one on Ebay who's charging $20,450. 145k mileage (dont want to pay that much). Im really looking for a Toyota LC but if nothing then I'd be open for that LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom