Wheel Powder Coating Suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

can't say Denver, but if there is a Les Schwab tire shop they send them off and do them.
I had mine done last spring, still haven't installed them yet.

What did they charge to sandblast and powder coat your wheels?

I don't remember exactly, I'm thinking $40-45 each?? with the price increase in the last year I think it's around $65-70?? each but it would be best to check with them.
IIRCC there shop that does the work is in Oregon and they transport each way, total time was 2 weeks.

I don't remember exactly, I'm thinking $40-45 each?? with the price increase in the last year I think it's around $65-70?? each but it would be best to check with them.
IIRCC there shop that does the work is in Oregon and they transport each way, total time was 2 weeks.
Thank you for the information! There are Les Schwab tire stores in Colorado. I will check with them to see if they offer the same service.

I'll post some pics Sat of my rims

I just did some at Les Schwab a couple months ago. Was about $45 per wheel. I’m in Washington. They do a great job.

here are some pics, not show quality but very nice

DSCF3419.JPG

DSCF3420.JPG

DSCF3421.JPG

Your wheels look good! I contacted Les Schwab and they no longer offer the service. Found a local powder coater and planning to drop the wheels off tomorrow.

Your wheels look good! I contacted Les Schwab and they no longer offer the service. Found a local powder coater and planning to drop the wheels off tomorrow.

Les Schwab definitely still does it. Unfortunately many of their locations have their heads up their asses and don't even know it is offered. They have a huge powder coating operation in the Portland metro area.

I have had 2 sets done. Quality is ok. Prices have gone up a lot in the last year. Still cheaper than most indy shops. A good indy shop will do a better job. I had my spare powdered locally (it was a chrome wheel off a 62 series, and Les Schwab won't coat over chrome. The quality of the job was much better than what LS did, but I paid more than double. You get what you pay for.
I chose their almond color. Very close to Cygnus White.
20180703_170054.jpg

I agree as I spoke with several differnet people at Les Schwab until I finally reached the manager of the store near me in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. He indicated (at least at this branch) they no longer offer that service and gave me the name of the powder coater they previously used which is no longer in business. My other concern is Les Schwab did not have the tires I was looking for. I ordered 30x9.5-15 Nankang Mudstar 889 tires yesterday from Discount Tire. I liked this mud tire as it has a simple sidewall without a lot of writing or design. It was the most vintage tire I could find without going to bias-ply tires. I am going with Powder Coating Specialties which is a national chain. They had the best price at $75/wheel to sand blast and powder coat the stock steel wheels. Most other places were $100-$125 per wheel and up. $45/wheel is a great deal! I really appreciate the information and feedback. I will post photos of my wheels when they are finished with the tires mounted. Thanks!

_26.jpg

I agree as I spoke with several differnet people at Les Schwab until I finally reached the manager of the store near me in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. He indicated (at least at this branch) they no longer offer that service and gave me the name of the powder coater they previously used which is no longer in business. My other concern is Les Schwab did not have the tires I was looking for. I ordered 30x9.5-15 Nankang Mudstar 889 tires yesterday from Discount Tire. I liked this mud tire as it has a simple sidewall without a lot of writing or design. It was the most vintage tire I could find without going to bias-ply tires. I am going with Powder Coating Specialties which is a national chain. They had the best price at $75/wheel to sand blast and powder coat the stock steel wheels. Most other places were $100-$125 per wheel and up. $45/wheel is a great deal! I really appreciate the information and feedback. I will post photos of my wheels when they are finished with the tires mounted. Thanks!

View attachment 2263890

Yeah, I had the same runaround with a few Les Schwab dealers. My understanding is the franchises are required to offer it, but have autonomy on setting prices. My shop even told me that, and they told me their profit per wheel is very small. I'm guessing the manager tou dealt with had no clue. You'll likely get a better end product from PCS.

I can't really recommend Les Schwab because they have their heads up their butts. They also offer crappy tires.

those look great,

ive been thinking about switching back to stock look

Wheels & tires look great!

Nice tease of the Ranchero :cool:

Received the wheels back from the powdercoater. The grey is a little lighter than stock as I ended up going with one of their stocked colors. Having the tires mounted this week. Thank you all for the input!

View attachment 2279585

View attachment 2279587
Who'd you use? Up North here (Ft. Collins) I was quoted $200... each... Needless to say, I will not be using Creative Welding & Fab for powder coating work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom