Builds Prime builds a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Prime Man you aren't wasting any time! Curious to see what your plans are for the sliders. Are those prebuilt from somewhere, or are you fabing them yourself? Curious how you mount them to the truck (bolt/weld, etc).

Also, is that flex pic on the trail trail somewhere off the GA Traverse? Looks familiar...

Sliders are getting welded on. Buddy of mine owns a fab shop and is making them with my design. Getting around the AHC system is definitely a pain.

Trail shots are Hurricane Creek in NC. Close guess!

Sliders are getting welded on. Buddy of mine owns a fab shop and is making them with my design. Getting around the AHC system is definitely a pain.

Trail shots are Hurricane Creek in NC. Close guess!
Cool, please post up pics after they're finished. HC was going to be my second guess, but had heard they gated it and didn't know if it was open this time of year.

Sliders on!

F60E23D2-0BA7-4DFF-82F8-521136FC0A56.jpeg

DF29E60A-03FE-4A23-A9B5-AE89B2EA015D.jpeg

That's great! I had initially looked at weld on when I first got the truck, but don't have that skill myself and didn't have a good local fab I was comfortable with, and the wanted a day of shop time....

Had these sliders (available on eBay to) picked out. If you call the shop and give them a week they can do custom length . $180

In practice it looks amazing!

Don't hold out on the frontal pic.
Fits better than I thought it would!

Wanted more lift out of the AHC system (past the normal sensor adjustment) so made some simple brackets in the front to adjust the sensor further. In the rear I didn’t have to make a bracket but drilled a hole higher in the existing bracket. Still has full range of motion.

View attachment 2246241

Low

View attachment 2246236

Neutral

View attachment 2246238

High

View attachment 2246240

Care to share dimensions of the added AHC sensor bracket?

They’re attached in 3 places and gusseted on the top. Getting around the AHC system is not ideal but we were able to make it work.

View attachment 2250522

Think your buddy would consider building more?

Nice build. Curious what the AHC sensor extension brackets and new ‘normal’ setting do to your alignment, and in ‘H’ how it impacts your drivetrain angles?

I've been waiting for someone to put an ARB on a LX! This looks better than I imagined. I've hit a few animals over the years and front end protection is something I really want long term. Not to mention, a little front end weight would balance the axle weights nicely after adding drawers and gear in the rear. I'd be very curious what your axle weights are after you get everything installed?

I've been waiting for someone to put an ARB on a LX! This looks better than I imagined. I've hit a few animals over the years and front end protection is something I really want long term. Not to mention, a little front end weight would balance the axle weights nicely after adding drawers and gear in the rear. I'd be very curious what your axle weights are after you get everything installed?

It definitely looks more appropriate on the earlier 200 series LX's, that said, someone has done one on the 2016+ LX as well and it wasn't as bad as expected. @Prime has done some great stuff here in short order.

I have the exact vehicle and love what you have done to it. Impressive. Can you tell me where you got the bumper from and what model series is it. Was it difficult to install?

Bumper is an Ironman 4x4:

Thanks for the kind words, y’all. More to come soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom