Wanted FJ40 Steering shaft - non-power-steering version (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

teleskier

SILVER Star
Threads
Putting a 1HZ in my 40 which has factory PS. I need to extend the shaft about 3cm to clear the starter, and I can do this by simply swapping in a non-power steering shaft. Must be a pre October 1980 40.

Interested in a trade of your PS one? I have a non PS shaft I was going to cut down. I know the PS shaft is worth more so there would be some cash involved.

I got 1 in Nevada BTB products in Henderson Nevada sells a extender not sure if will for youhttps://btbprod.com/product/steering-column-coupler-shaft-extension-kit-gm-saginaw-conversion-fj4055-toyota-land-cruiser/

Interested in a trade of your PS one? I have a non PS shaft I was going to cut down. I know the PS shaft is worth more so there would be some cash involved.
I want to hold onto my whole PS setup as a package in the event this does not work the way I expect.

I got 1 in Nevada BTB products in Henderson Nevada sells a extender not sure if will for youhttps://btbprod.com/product/steering-column-coupler-shaft-extension-kit-gm-saginaw-conversion-fj4055-toyota-land-cruiser/
That may work, but I am trying to do this without any linkage and 100% OEM if I can. There is no u-joint in a 40 power steering setup and I want to keep it that way if possible. The 40 power steering shaft is shorter than a non PS version to account for the larger box. The extra length in a non=ps version should fit perfect.

You need just shaft you can have for $50 you pay shipping cause I paid $100 for shaft and tube I only need tube

Putting a 1HZ in my 40 which has factory PS. I need to extend the shaft about 3cm to clear the starter, and I can do this by simply swapping in a non-power steering shaft. Must be a pre October 1980 40.
I have the non power steering shaft. i am in the midst of the conversion to a 60 power steering set up. I saw mention of you having the ps shaft..is it telescoping or solid? pics of your setup if you have.. ? thanks -Joe

I’m sorry I haven’t forgot my wife went in for hysterectomy and knicked the bowels sent her home and 12 hours later got sepsis she just got off the ventilator but still in icu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom