VintgeTEqParts FJ / BJ / HJ 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions ........ (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
1557320401346 - Copy.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure-Driven-driver-rear-wide-1-2-Copy 1.jpg

Welcome To the :

VintgeTEqParts 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions Tread ....

Ever since i was a teenager growing up in the 1990's , i have had a passion for

anything TOYOTA , Especially Anything Involving Toyota Genuine Parts

MADE IN JAPAN

Im greatfull for the opertunity to have and share what i have to offer , and help better

explain the How's , Why's and General TECH. behind the ever growing Diverse Lineup of

Both Custom , hand made in our " Skunk-Works " Prototypes Shop on premises , and

the hard to find Nitch OEM and NOS parts Products My wife , ( life Partner )

are continuing to search the globe and bring to the table ...

and I have to offer the 60/61/ & 62 Communities and a whole !

This will be a ever evolving Tech Thread , however i will post a Link in each

Parts Offering to be directed to Our Online parts store ,

We are both VERY Proud to be coming up on us Celebrating our 1st year in buisnes

Here Beginning in April ,

Serving The Entire Land Cruiser Community as a whole ......

It's both Humble Privilege and Honer To be able to to so !

Thanks For Your Support !

Kindly Erin & Matt .....

f70e2761e28cc9805f5306ccfe3cf2d7 - Copy 1.png

Toyota-Land-Cruiser-J60-740x50211.jpg

1669449852487.png

Last edited:
I have been giving must thought over the last few weeks , on how

to begin this thread , and with what Technical Repair , Restore ,

upgrade and update products and services we offer 🤔

so i settled on one New set of items that cover and the bases , and

we developed and now make in-house by hand 100% in our " Skunk-Works "

Shop .........

Last edited:
I wanted to and always do want to give land Cruiser owners across the board the

Highest Quality , most well thought out and very much intentionally OVER-ENGINEERED

products i possibly can , and our new Line of FJ60 Battery Cables Will be no different !

I realized a while ago that TOYOTA had Discontinued ALL 60/62 OEM battery Cables

So , i saw a opportunity to put what i Learned during my Tenure In the T-TEN Program

and apply some good old USA TOP SHELF MARINE GRADE parts in the mix too ,

to create a set of related Products that Exceeded Toyota OEM Specs in every way , and

More importantly would stand the test of Age , and Time !

Now 8/80-9/87 FJ60 Owners will have a Choice between Pep Boyz , Rock Auto , and

100% Made in Japan parts , and also ANCHOR marine grade industrial Parts Combined

in Harmony in the form of Battery Cables Both positive and Negative , ones ,

including the little know about Starter Ground Strap called Cable , Bond No. 1............

index999999999999999999999999999999 - Copy - Copy.png

Here is the Technical Spec's as follows :

- Toyota only used 4 AWG cable , i have upgraded to 2 AWG , both positive and negative & Cable Bond #1 starter strap

- The positive side cable terminal is a late Model L shape , just like a Modern Land Cruiser , so the cable coming off the Serviceable and indeed removable battery side
Lat model Terminal dives right down out of the way , i also applied a high heat split loom jacket w/ blue 3-M electrical tape to model a later updated cable

- The Negative side is split into 2 cables instead of the poorly designed spliced single
original pigtail design , so my Short negative will secure to the passenger side Fender
with ease ........

- I design ALL my products to as Plug and Play as Possible , including ALL needed and necessary Made in JAPAN OEM Toyota mounting hardware .

- Cable Bond #1 Will include a new starter Bolt and spring washer , and also the
needed long 40mm x 8.25 top pass frame rail vertical bolt .........

- I use Full Synthetic Di-Electric grease on ALL crimped LUGS

- Also , Heat shrink that is adhesive Lined and BOMB Proof solid water tight ...

- I would like to take a Moment to thanks my Solid Friend @4Cruisers , John
Loaned me the Doner original set to make my First Production Runs out of as a template if you will

- I will Always try to incorporate a Dedicated Factory Parts Diagram in relation to the topic and parts at hand , so Fellow Members can understand things on a greater level

1985 FJ60 Battery Cable - Copy1.png

Last edited:
Cable Bond #1 ..........

-
Comes with a 5 pc Body strap ground kit as well , NOS Genuine Toyota Parts

- OEM mounting Hardware

-

Another Long time coming to the table has been a recent addition , the Rear Washer

Bladder Bag , Pouch .......

- i hunted the globe and finally have established a contact with OEM parts Maker Nippon-Denso in JAPAN , this is nothing less then HUGE !

- TOYOTA has DISC. the pouch here in the states , but it can be still HAD in a Very Complex OEM plug and Play KIT form ...........

- i test fit this in a 1989- FJ62 and it's SPOT - ON ! ,

- comes with a JAPAN , 12v MOTOR , I WILL have 24v Volts Options in hand ant time now for our HJ and BJ Brothers and Sisters too ..........

I work on a lot of stock 60's, and most with the original worn out battery cables causing issues, I look forward to trying your kits.

Last edited:
I'm shocked @ToyotaMatt wasn't already using the Yazaki tape

Last edited:
Fresh Set or Cable Bond No. 1 Kit's just finished up ......

DSCN1084.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom