Anyone? - CLC Classifieds thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Orions are all loud.
I’m telling you. Get a H55/split case with 3:1 gears and you will be quiet and the same crawl ratio you are now.

gotta pay out a bit of debt before I can dump $5k into the 40 unfortunately

how is a H55f and 3:1 gears $7K? Maybe for two complete H55/3:1 setups?

If you buy them off the shelf and have them built then yeah. I just had a h42/3:0 split built for $4500. Add $2500 for an H55.....

Nv4500 to 2F/3FE is easy with 3-speed bellhousing and $250 adapter and long input shaft, but my 3FE wasn’t need strong enough to push it in the deeper 5th gear with my tires/gears/heavy 60. H55 or H41 recommended unless you really want to use a domestic T Case then the Nv4500 works as a adapter for that.

Nv4500 to 2F/3FE is easy with 3-speed bellhousing and $250 adapter and long input shaft, but my 3FE wasn’t need strong enough to push it in the deeper 5th gear with my tires/gears/heavy 60. H55 or H41 recommended unless you really want to use a domestic T Case then the Nv4500 works as a adapter for that.

I was wondering if the 2f would be able to push the 5th gear of the nv4500. Even with 4.88s. The dream end plan after I get the okay to build again from the Mrs. is 5.3 vortec to nv4500 to Orion. I figured I could try and get the 5.3 forward some to not lose too much driveshaft length

I was wondering if the 2f would be able to push the 5th gear of the nv4500. Even with 4.88s. The dream end plan after I get the okay to build again from the Mrs. is 5.3 vortec to nv4500 to Orion. I figured I could try and get the 5.3 forward some to not lose too much driveshaft length

Not sure what tires you have but if your 2F runs really really good it might be ok. It really depends on tire size and axle gears, when I threw 30" rollers on it with the 4.11's it was awesome! With my 35's it might have been fine with 4.88's.Keep in mind my FJ62 probably weighs 1500lbs more then a 40, that makes a difference as well when you're talking about 150hp motors... my 5.3 has no problem now. Keep in mind even if you have deeper axle gears to accommodate bigger tires, bigger tires also weigh more.
If you're going to LS swap it then wait till then because then you can use the lower 1st version Nv4500 with 6:34 1st gear, which won't (easily) work behind your 2F like the 5.61 version 1st Dodge/GM version will

^^^^This^^^^

H55/Split case if you want to daily drive a 40 on 37’s on the highway. The other option is to leave it alone and wheel the next 2 decades or more with the current set up.

Not sure what tires you have but if your 2F runs really really good it might be ok. It really depends on tire size and axle gears, when I threw 30" rollers on it with the 4.11's it was awesome! With my 35's it might have been fine with 4.88's.Keep in mind my FJ62 probably weighs 1500lbs more then a 40, that makes a difference as well when you're talking about 150hp motors... my 5.3 has no problem now. Keep in mind even if you have deeper axle gears to accommodate bigger tires, bigger tires also weigh more.
If you're going to LS swap it then wait till then because then you can use the lower 1st version Nv4500 with 6:34 1st gear, which won't (easily) work behind your 2F like the 5.61 version 1st Dodge/GM version will

it’s on 37s and 4.88s. What did you go with on your 5.3

^^^^This^^^^

H55/Split case if you want to daily drive a 40 on 37’s on the highway. The other option is to leave it alone and wheel the next 2 decades or more with the current set up.

true that. That is the most cost effective option also haha

My Nv4500 makes a ton of noise on the highway but it’s a hybrid piece of s*** I built out of a bunch of parts. Some are quiet some aren’t

My Nv4500 makes a ton of noise on the highway but it’s a hybrid piece of s*** I built out of a bunch of parts. Some are quiet some aren’t

I don’t mind some noisefor the trade off in strength, what I’ve got right now is a non normal noise. What transfer case do you have behind yours?

NP203 doubler and FJ60 splitcase

Anyone have a used taillight lens for a 78FJ40, mine as I was replacing gasket fell off bumper and shattered...... :bang:

I’ll have heather check, since I don’t FB. Thanks for the idea.
What do you need Brother

IMG_20200330_133434751 (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom