Hows everyone doing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey! My fiance and I just moved over here from Ellensburg and just picked up another 80 series we are going to be working on.

It would be cool to get together with some local cruiser guys some time after the holidays.

Not doing much with the cruiser. Made it my daily since picking up this junker as a winter project (460 w/ 92k miles).
20191223_144534.jpg

Had the great experience a while back of having 3 60-series in the shop at once. One in for a carb rebuild, another in for all sorts of driveability issues (previous shop installed a Weber 32/36... on a 2F... 🤡🤡), and I believe the third was a 500-mile check after a 5.3 swap. So that was cool.
20191025_162200.jpg

Hoping to meet up with a couple cruiser guys from here when the schedule allows. Would be nice to put some faces to names!

I'm trying to get caught up on My projects. 1974 FJ40 has been in the middle of an FJ60 power steering conversion, the 1987 FJ60 is about to have the motor jerked out for a rebuild. Brown 1985 is getting the power steering box rebuilt and while out will be drilled and ported for hydro assist, 38 boggers are tough on steering components. 1985 fj60 will also get a rear diff rebuild.

20200313_190627_HDR.jpg

20200313_190705.jpg

I'm trying to get caught up on My projects. 1974 FJ40 has been in the middle of an FJ60 power steering conversion, the 1987 FJ60 is about to have the motor jerked out for a rebuild. Brown 1985 is getting the power steering box rebuilt and while out will be drilled and ported for hydro assist, 38 boggers are tough on steering components. 1985 fj60 will also get a rear diff rebuild.

View attachment 2241456

View attachment 2241459
hey AK I have that same sorta intake as your white 60, what did you use for the hose from the carb cap to the filter assy? any tips on your install I could use adding it to mine? any install pics you could send me might help also!

H
hey AK I have that same sorta intake as your white 60, what did you use for the hose from the carb cap to the filter assy? any tips on your install I could use adding it to mine? any install pics you could send me might help also!

Heli,
I found a hose at NAPA, fleet flex gold part # 641, 2 3/4" hose thats the correct size. Its expensive hose, sold by the inch or foot. I work a the NAPA in St Maries and we had a 12" section that was pretty close to the length that I needed, a longer piece would fit better but it was on the rack and i didnt want to cut a section off a new piece. My employee discount helps alot with the price. The hose is the same hose used for the intercoolers on log trucks. I need to turn the top cover of the air cleaner or put a 60 degree pipe in the middle to take the kink out the hose.

hose.jpg

engine.jpg

snorkle.jpg

H

Heli,
I found a hose at NAPA, fleet flex gold part # 641, 2 3/4" hose thats the correct size. Its expensive hose, sold by the inch or foot. I work a the NAPA in St Maries and we had a 12" section that was pretty close to the length that I needed, a longer piece would fit better but it was on the rack and i didnt want to cut a section off a new piece. My employee discount helps alot with the price. The hose is the same hose used for the intercoolers on log trucks. I need to turn the top cover of the air cleaner or put a 60 degree pipe in the middle to take the kink out the hose.

View attachment 2250715

View attachment 2250717

View attachment 2250720
hey awesome! thanks for the tip, I have been working in Australia and my case coming home has been mainly cruiser additions. found a cruiser junk yard when there, mostly picked over but still fun. the owner was selling most his parts in bulk to the Middle East.

Been doing a lot of catch up on maintenance with my 62 during some downtime from work. Just pretty'd up the steering wheel and column cover this week and am waiting on a brand new lock cylinder set for the whole truck (had to send my lift gate lock cylinder to Maryland so @ToyotaMatt can make sure it's good and key the rest of the cylinders to match that. Now that the weather's finally good I'm hoping to get my OME kit installed before next Friday and then there's the H55F swap at the end of the month. Bunch more small projects going at once, but bit by bit it's finally coming together.

Been doing a lot of catch up on maintenance with my 62 during some downtime from work. Just pretty'd up the steering wheel and column cover this week and am waiting on a brand new lock cylinder set for the whole truck (had to send my lift gate lock cylinder to Maryland so @ToyotaMatt can make sure it's good and key the rest of the cylinders to match that. Now that the weather's finally good I'm hoping to get my OME kit installed before next Friday and then there's the H55F swap at the end of the month. Bunch more small projects going at once, but bit by bit it's finally coming together.

Do you mind if strangers come over and check out your H55 swap as it progress's ? My sons 89 FJ62 just crapped its transmisssion and I'm trading him out for My wifes 97 40th anniversary. We did a ton of work on his rig last year, including 4.88 gears and total rebuilds of both axles. It's set up nicely 4" lift shackle reversal/OME heavies, arb bumper, roof rack, lockright. Just cant part it out, but I cant justify the money to rebuild (if I could even find a rebuilder) the tranny.

Do you mind if strangers come over and check out your H55 swap as it progress's ? My sons 89 FJ62 just crapped its transmisssion and I'm trading him out for My wifes 97 40th anniversary. We did a ton of work on his rig last year, including 4.88 gears and total rebuilds of both axles. It's set up nicely 4" lift shackle reversal/OME heavies, arb bumper, roof rack, lockright. Just cant part it out, but I cant justify the money to rebuild (if I could even find a rebuilder) the tranny.
I wouldn't mind at all, but I'm actually taking it over to Everett to have Torfab do the swap. The only spots on my property level enough to jack my truck up on all four corners (my garage and my shop) aren't high enough for me to get enough room to wrestle a transmission out and in underneath it! Rebuilding an auto is an expensive job, and from what everyone says, if you can drive a stick an H55F swap is the way to go. I have most of the parts for the conversion (tranny included) so the bulk of the money I'll be paying to Torfab will be the labor. Even still it'll be about $2500-$3000 for them to do. Definitely pricey regardless of which direction you go when a 62's tranny goes out, but I think it'll make it much more fun to drive with a manual. And I haven't driven a stick in over 8 years, which was a 5-spd Hilux during my final deployment 😂

I wouldn't mind at all, but I'm actually taking it over to Everett to have Torfab do the swap. The only spots on my property level enough to jack my truck up on all four corners (my garage and my shop) aren't high enough for me to get enough room to wrestle a transmission out and in underneath it! Rebuilding an auto is an expensive job, and from what everyone says, if you can drive a stick an H55F swap is the way to go. I have most of the parts for the conversion (tranny included) so the bulk of the money I'll be paying to Torfab will be the labor. Even still it'll be about $2500-$3000 for them to do. Definitely pricey regardless of which direction you go when a 62's tranny goes out, but I think it'll make it much more fun to drive with a manual. And I haven't driven a stick in over 8 years, which was a 5-spd Hilux during my final deployment 😂
Well, I guess I'll just have to coordinate a driveby and check out the work when it's done. That Hilux wouldn't have been around Bagram, Assfuckistan, because if it was we might have passed each other once or twice going around the airfield. I drove a white crew cab over there 2011-12 time period, I was a dirty Raytheon contractor at the time.

Well, I guess I'll just have to coordinate a driveby and check out the work when it's done. That Hilux wouldn't have been around Bagram, Assfuckistan, because if it was we might have passed each other once or twice going around the airfield. I drove a white crew cab over there 2011-12 time period, I was a dirty Raytheon contractor at the time.
Nah this was at Manas AB in Kyrgyzstan at the beginning of 2012. Gotta be honest sometimes I miss Manas.

Nah this was at Manas AB in Kyrgyzstan at the beginning of 2012. Gotta be honest sometimes I miss Manas.
Small world, I spent a month at Manas march-April 2012 . Was living on the economy in Bishkek while setting up the counter IED training lane/facility. I enjoyed My time there, it was a nice break from Kandahar and Bagram.

IMG_20211125_181810_850.jpg

I recently picked up this 95 Taco to join my heard. In this pic 3 Toyota's and a Kubota....I have a thing for Japanese imports 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom