What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So many great photos on here and that means there were some great tips made as well. Now is the perfect time to write an article for Toyota Trails and feature some of your Land Cruiser travels/trips. It's also a great way to earn a little extra spending cash. It's not life changing money, but it's enough for a nice takeout meal from a local restaurant. Support TLCA and support local! Send any and all submissions to editor@tlca.org

Dale B. on Top of the World. CM2015 Kokopelli Expedition.

So I needed to change my clutch pedal "spring".. this is a trail rig and the PO had it "functional"... and it worked, so I can't complain...

Stuck at home I bought a bunch of Toyota springs to test and see if I could find a substitute/alternative...

I found this spring was a nice fit.. comes from the 90s 4runner/tacoma...
90507-14030

Hope this helps...

Original "Spring"... Its Functional!!!
20200325_182438.jpg

Test fit... I will add a sleeve..
20200325_183353.jpg

20200325_183037.jpg

So I needed to change my clutch pedal "spring".. this is a trail rig and the PO had it "functional"... and it worked, so I can't complain...

Stuck at home I bought a bunch of Toyota springs to test and see if I could find a substitute/alternative...

I found this spring was a nice fit.. comes from the 90s 4runner/tacoma...
90507-14030

Hope this helps...

Original "Spring"... Its Functional!!!
View attachment 2249085

Test fit... I will add a sleeve..
View attachment 2249086

View attachment 2249089

This is awesome info - my clutch pedal spring broke some time ago and I found they were NLA. Found a good used one but this it’s good to know there’s a functional alternative. Thanks!

Removing Bondo from a door. Has anyone ever seen this much Bondo on anything? It’s like 1/4 inch thick.

View attachment 2249574

I worked in a body shop my senior year of high school. We had a customer bring a car to us that had been previously repaired. That repair had bondo 3” deep in a very large area in the rear quarter panel just behind the wheel arch.

Also - in my bondo pic, does anyone know what the black stuff is? Looks like a rust inhibitor/primer of some sort. Tough as heck to sand off. Using an Eastwood sander to take off this heavy bondo then going to move to a media blaster. Did not want to use the expensive media on the bondo.

Also - in my bondo pic, does anyone know what the black stuff is? Looks like a rust inhibitor/primer of some sort. Tough as heck to sand off. Using an Eastwood sander to take off this heavy bondo then going to move to a media blaster. Did not want to use the expensive media on the bondo.

I think that is dark gray/black primer.

Added some SEMS stainless jewelry to Olive from overland metric.

20200326_125658.jpg

Last edited:
Took one of my daughters fly fishing in the Short Bus. It was her first time. If you’ll indulge me a few extra words, there is some significance to the second pic.

The rod she is using was hand made by my grandfather. It was a gift to my dad in 1980. My dad had a flood in his basement a year back and I found it in his basement. The hand tied tapered tippet still had knots that they tied. I had taken it out a few times, but never landed a fish. So what you see there is the first fish that rod has landed in decades and it was done in the hands of the great grand daughter of its maker on her first day fly fishing. All in all, a pretty cool day!

9242A8A3-2EBF-4F73-822D-23E45ECDE95A.jpeg

9A30D735-4B21-487F-9765-1F91C3522CD8.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom