COVID 19 PROJECT - Bed Platform + Drawer/Cubby Storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2000 LX470 - Trunk storage build.

IMG_8062.jpeg
VID
IMG_8059.jpeg
IMG_8056.jpeg
IMG_8019.jpeg
IMG_8017.jpeg

Dam. That looks great.

This is awesome! Major inspiration here, may be a good weekend project. What type of drawer slides? What type of hinges did you use for the wing storage?

Yes, looks great.
Q: What's the thinking behind the short drawer and the difficult to access compartments in the middle?

This is awesome! Major inspiration here, may be a good weekend project. What type of drawer slides? What type of hinges did you use for the wing storage?

Thank you kindly! I would highly recommend making one. I used 10" BLUM push-to-open slides. I had them leftover from another project. The push-to-open with the added lock is pretty trick!
I used these surface mount hinges from HD -Everbilt 90-Degree Surface Mount Hidden Spring Cabinet Hinge (1-Pair)-H01068E-NP-CP - The Home Depot
They have plenty of resistance. Keeps things from bouncing around when you get driving.

Looks awesome! What’s your cost? Looks great!

Cheers! I had most all the ply on hand, just needed to purchase one additional sheet form HD. My estimate would be around $350-$400, depending on the quality of ply you go with. I used 3/4" - 13ply Baltic Birch. The slides I used are a bit overkill, but I had them already. You could easily shave $30 by going with a more basic bearing slide.

Last edited:
Yes, looks great.
Q: What's the thinking behind the short drawer and the difficult to access compartments in the middle?

Thank you! I needed a spot to store my wetsuit, camping gear, and snowboard boots. The deeper rear compartments fit everything perfectly. The shorter drawer was the result of having some nice BLUM slides on hand and wanting to store all the gear stated above.

Do you happen to have the link for the carpet?

Do you know if this 3/4 birch plywood is what you got from Home Depot?

I've been sketching my own plans for a platform/storage build for a while and am also using this time to finally get it done.

Do you know if this 3/4 birch plywood is what you got from Home Depot?

I've been sketching my own plans for a platform/storage build for a while and am also using this time to finally get it done.

I actually had some Baltic Birch Ply on hand from a previous cabinet job. It was probably a little overkill for the platform build, but it is incredibly solid ply.
Plywood specs: 3/4" 4x8 BB/BB 13-PLY

Most hardwood suppliers will carry cabinet grade Baltic & Russian Birch ply. I purchase mine from Crosscut Hardwoods in Portland, Oregon.
Multi Plywood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom