Leaky Injectors? Osidetiger 4 hole installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr

SILVER Star
Threads
Over the past several months, an injector leak stared to develop. I was worried because gas was dripping down above the exhaust. I ordered Osidetiger injectors after talking to a guy locally who went with these injectors on his 3FE powered Fj62, and new gaskets from @cruiserdan
image.jpg

We started taking apart everything at 9:30 in the morning and finished the install 10 hours later.
This was the most disassembled this engine has been in its 361,000 miles. While apart, we cleaned the fuel rail, injector cups and all little parts in there. We also tried removing most of the already deactivated EGR stuff, but couldn't find the caps needed locally.
image.jpg

New and old
image.jpg

New is on the left and old is on the right.
image.jpg

Using an oring lube on all the injectors, and dielectric grease on the connections. All the old plastic ones were just breaking to piece when we pulled them off, so we used zip ties to make sure they wouldn't come loose.
image.jpg

The install went pretty good until tightening the intake back down. Using a torque wrench at the required spec in the FSM, one tired bolt just broke before it was tight. I would recommend buying new bolts if you are replacing injectors/gaskets to save a lot of headache.

The truck seems to start up smoother and quicker, and also has a little bit better throttle response initially. It also seems to be smoother while idling. Haven't driven it much since the install, but hopefully fuel mileage will stay the same, if not improve.

Clean rust-free engine bay. Are new fuel injector harness connectors still available for your FJ80?

Clean rust-free engine bay. Are new fuel injector harness connectors still available for your FJ80?

Those injector connections look a lot like the FZJ to me. I'd wonder if they are the same.
View attachment 1053057

No idea if they are the same. They do look similar though.

These injectors came with the wiring plugs. All I had to do was plug it onto the injector and back into the factory wiring loom connectors...which every single one of them broke when pulling out the old ones.

After driving about 50 miles of highway, these definitely feel like they have added more power higher in the rpms. Fuel mileage over that 50 miles seems pretty good so far.

No idea if they are the same. They do look similar though.

These injectors came with the wiring plugs. All I had to do was plug it onto the injector and back into the factory wiring loom connectors...which every single one of them broke when pulling out the old ones.

After driving about 50 miles of highway, these definitely feel like they have added more power higher in the rpms. Fuel mileage over that 50 miles seems pretty good so far.
Was wondering If you have an update on your milage and performance? My 3FE is getting less MPG and thinking about replacing or reconditioning the injectors.

Also, how much did the new injector setup cost?

Was wondering If you have an update on your milage and performance? My 3FE is getting less MPG and thinking about replacing or reconditioning the injectors.

Also, how much did the new injector setup cost?

I definitely feel like performance is a little better. It definitely idles smoother and seems to have just a tiny bit more power at higher rpms. Over my 600 mile trip last weekend to the Ozark National Forest, I got 10.95 mpgs (corrected for tires/gears). I know it isn't much, but loaded down with two bikes, gear, a rtt, and really pushing the truck to get there quickly, I am pretty pleased. Most of the time, I was running 70-75mpg and even 80+ in some places.

It pretty much seems to have given me 1mpg more than what I used to get.

If I remember correctly, the injectors were just below $200, and about $100 for new gaskets and small parts from @cruiserdan

I definitely feel like performance is a little better. It definitely idles smoother and seems to have just a tiny bit more power at higher rpms. Over my 600 mile trip last weekend to the Ozark National Forest, I got 10.95 mpgs (corrected for tires/gears). I know it isn't much, but loaded down with two bikes, gear, a rtt, and really pushing the truck to get there quickly, I am pretty pleased. Most of the time, I was running 70-75mpg and even 80+ in some places.

It pretty much seems to have given me 1mpg more than what I used to get.

If I remember correctly, the injectors were just below $200, and about $100 for new gaskets and small parts from @cruiserdan
Thanks a lot. Appreciate the update.

Even 1mpg is a 10% improvement! That is awesome!

Adding another item to THE LIST... Thanks for helping me spend my money!

Just installed these along with my newly rebuilt 3FE in my FJ62, haven't run it for more that about 10 seconds or so, still dealing with a mega fuel leak on the col start rail. For any 80 owners that didn't see the thread in the 60 section, this will be a much easier install on a de-smogged rig with the air injection manifold plugged. I wrapped each connection on the wire harness in electrical tape, but every harness I'be disassembled (a few) has had the injector connectors fall apart.

For injector recon, I use a guy here who is known nationally. He charges $15/injector or so. He puts them in the test jig and measures their output for a "before" chart. Then he cleans them professionally with chemicals and ultrasonic and physical means. Then he replaces all the seals and O rings and measures the output. If one is out of spec, he can tune them slightly to get uniform output, then includes an "after" graph. His business name is "Mr. Injector" here in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho on Government Way. He's a great guy and this is all he does. I have had every single one of my project vehicle injectors done by him and each one had an obvious improvement in engine smoothness, starting and economy even though they were all already in a fine state of tune. it's kinda cool watching how bad an ordinary injector spray pattern looks, then how tasty and uniform it looks afterwards. Highly recommended.

Any good injector shop uses the same basic technique, and most are similar pricing

Over the past several months, an injector leak stared to develop. I was worried because gas was dripping down above the exhaust. I ordered Osidetiger injectors after talking to a guy locally who went with these injectors on his 3FE powered Fj62, and new gaskets from @cruiserdan
View attachment 1052970
We started taking apart everything at 9:30 in the morning and finished the install 10 hours later.
This was the most disassembled this engine has been in its 361,000 miles. While apart, we cleaned the fuel rail, injector cups and all little parts in there. We also tried removing most of the already deactivated EGR stuff, but couldn't find the caps needed locally.
View attachment 1052968

New and old
View attachment 1052972
New is on the left and old is on the right.
View attachment 1052973
Using an oring lube on all the injectors, and dielectric grease on the connections. All the old plastic ones were just breaking to piece when we pulled them off, so we used zip ties to make sure they wouldn't come loose.
View attachment 1052974
The install went pretty good until tightening the intake back down. Using a torque wrench at the required spec in the FSM, one tired bolt just broke before it was tight. I would recommend buying new bolts if you are replacing injectors/gaskets to save a lot of headache.

The truck seems to start up smoother and quicker, and also has a little bit better throttle response initially. It also seems to be smoother while idling. Haven't driven it much since the install, but hopefully fuel mileage will stay the same, if not improve.

I got a question dude.

Respect the third pucture, im watching a kind of adaptors on the top of this injectors, this came with the kit? Im looking forward to buy this injectors. Thanks!

I got a question dude.

Respect the third pucture, im watching a kind of adaptors on the top of this injectors, this came with the kit? Im looking forward to buy this injectors. Thanks!

I'm not aware of any adapters. In the third picture, the new injector is on the left and that is exactly how it came.

Sorry.
I meant the last on the rail.

I’m not really sure what what you’re referencing. The first picture shows the Toyota part numbers for everything else that I used in addition to the Bosch osidetiger injectors.

Are you still running these injectors Summit?

I had them on my H42 truck but I only put about 5k on them before I sold it. Wondering about the longevity, even though I am probably just going to have my current ones serviced.

I think that hes referring to the jumper harness between the injector and the truck harness

He hit me up on Instagram and we got it sorted. He was just talking about the seal on the injector.

Are you still running these injectors Summit?

I had them on my H42 truck but I only put about 5k on them before I sold it. Wondering about the longevity, even though I am probably just going to have my current ones serviced.

Yeah I am still running them. My cruiser is now at 426k miles and no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom