What did you do on your 70 series today? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may be missing it somewhere (sorry!), but was looking for the bolt part number that you used to attached the plate to the hood (instead of rivets).

doh, sorry... those part numbers are just the ball studs I used. I don’t think I ever posted the screws for the top side and I’m not positive I’ll be able to recall exactly what I used. We have a giant ongoing spreadsheet of OE hardware sorted by size, head size/type, color, washers, etc, etc and I just looked at that and found a 5mm that I had. I’ll be at the shop in a few minutes and will look it up.

New shoes. These are my fun wheels. Will keep my 235/85R16 Duratracs for winter duty and towing my camper trailer. Kumho MT not really my first choice, but got a very very good deal on them and the rims. Rims are 15"x8" with -27mm offset. Tires are 35x12.5R15. Fit very well. Had to do a bit of inner fender liner 'massaging'. No rubbing now.

img_20200316_181616765-jpg.2241091

I may be missing it somewhere (sorry!), but was looking for the bolt part number that you used to attached the plate to the hood (instead of rivets).

1584550266596.png

Hole number ten...

IMG_20200318_205047.jpg

I hope tomorrow is the first day when no new rust holes are found. I want to get a new color for the car this month. However, the new color should first be decided...

Began some much needed MX on my 70...

View attachment 2241787View attachment 2241788View attachment 2241789View attachment 2241790View attachment 2241791I
I see a turbo added to my 3B in the future. Looking at the pic above it appears you have oil supply and oil drain line from the turbo going to your oil filter mount. The Oil filter on my 3B is more horizontal (3BII 89' model). Does the regular 3B oil filter mount have the drain and pressure supply already there just plugged with a bolt? I've heard of guys drilling and welding a bung on the oil pan for a return, but it seems you have a better way?

More quality parts from the "Ressurected" guys. I just hope the previous owner wasn't charged for new parts.
It's amazing what happens when you combine highly worn parts with the absence of proper liubricant. As long as the money holds out, all of this crap will be removed and replaced with new parts that are properly installed.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Those rusted bits look similar to parts used in post-WW1 vehicles.

Got the parts ordered today from Olathe Toyota Online since PartSouq didn't have the 93385-15012. Now I can use OEM toyota hardware like @cruiseroutfit did.

These are all for the C2 hood kit from @c2dfj45 so using these parts does raise the cost of the kit overall quite a bit.

1584716483090.png

This will give me something to do during my time at home for the next two weeks, assuming the USPS is still working to deliver the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom