45 Long Beds (Gauging Interest) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4500 plus freight plus paint. That’s close to 6. Seems alittle high. If you could get these in for the 4500 total would be an easier sell. Lot of money to drop to take off a perfectly working tray back to add a pickup bed.

4500 plus freight plus paint. That’s close to 6. Seems alittle high. If you could get these in for the 4500 total would be an easier sell. Lot of money to drop to take off a perfectly working tray back to add a pickup bed.

Tell me about it man. I need to find a cheaper hobby for sure. The truth is that this is about as cheap as we can get them. For those of us that want perfection with our restorations, we have few options. These aren’t Chevy or Ford trucks with a flood of aftermarket parts available. But then again, that’s what I like about Land Cruisers.

Okay everyone... between Mud and Facebook, it looks like we have enough interest to move forward on this project. I’m going to tag the members that have expressed interest in this thread.

If you are tagged, please PM me and let me know if you’re still interested. I want to get the deposits collected ASAP so we can get these parts shipped over sooner, rather than later.

Order priority will go to those who deposit first. We need to fill containers. It’s not financially viable to ship a container half full. So if there is not enough overflow to fill the second container, I’ll refund those members who orders we cannot fill. If anyone has questions about this, contact me.

Here’s who I’d like to hear from:

@hondatech81
@sandcruiser90
@fjwagon
@xtremeVA
@Rainman
@mikeyfj45

I know some of you I’ve been in contact with, and some have already paid, you’re tagged here for informational purposes only. If you haven’t paid, and you are still interested, this is Last Call.

Some may be waiting for prices on other components, if that is you, PM me and I will follow up with you.

If I missed somebody, let me know. Hopefully you’re receiving notifications on this thread.

Thanks everybody

-Ryan

I still cant understand why anyone would spend a dime on an original bed with corrosion or other damage versus getting a problem free new bed.

$4500 seems like a deal

I totally agree. I'm sure you also get the bottom portion of the cab if you needed it. It's a lot work to prep it, get it sealed and primed and then shipped to houston.

What would the deposit be and how long will it take to get the beds in

I’m collecting deposits now (50% deposit) so around $2250 to $2500, or more (if you are also purchasing fenders, doors, etc...)

Time line for arrival is kind of fluid right now. It really depends on how quickly we can collect enough deposits to fill a container. We are halfway there now.

After we have deposits, we’ll place the order and get them shipped to our body shop in Colombia for prep. Estimating that will take a few weeks.

Then, we’ll load them into a container and ship them to Houston. I really don’t have any clue on shipping time, because customs can sometimes hold things up.

Anyway, I’m hoping to get these in within a Jan-Feb window. Balance will be due once they arrive in Houston and are ready for pickup or shipping to your place.

If you need something next week, this is not for you, but if you’re not in a rush, this is a great opportunity to get all the body parts you need.

-Ryan

TTT, incase anyone has missed reading this thread. Still taking orders. Last I heard it from from a 20 ft container to a 40 footer. Anyhow just a gentle reminder for anyone looking for a body part. :)

This still is very tempting :hmm:.

@CaptClose - Is it possible to make a 3 hinge tailgate configuration or is this limited to the later 4 hinge version?

TTT, incase anyone has missed reading this thread. Still taking orders. Last I heard it from from a 20 ft container to a 40 footer. Anyhow just a gentle reminder for anyone looking for a body part. :)
Screwed that up, what I meant to say was the order went from a 20 foot container to 40 foot contianer. There is still some left.

....some room left. Rough two days. Waking up way to early and going to bed late.

@fjwagon you can use the "edit" feature below your post to correct your mistakes. Just so you'll know...

This still is very tempting :hmm:.

@CaptClose - Is it possible to make a 3 hinge tailgate configuration or is this limited to the later 4 hinge version?

Unfortunately, at this time, only four hinge versions are available. But the craftsmanship is amazing.

F57B3E2A-3F26-4DCB-969B-3FE8B93BA6D4.jpeg

4326952F-DCF9-4D84-8450-6CB8CC7FFA45.jpeg

985AA557-3EA1-486A-A7BC-9B935B156808.jpeg

@fjwagon you can use the "edit" feature below your post to correct your mistakes. Just so you'll know...

Thanks for the heads up, now that is funny, hopefully I can be a little more resourceful next time. :)

I just need the bottom, floor of the bed. Is there any option for that?

@WagstaffFJ45 , you're in. Looks like just maybe your bed will fill up the last of the 40 foot container. But, one thing to consider, Colombia is locked down still. What you need to do from here is contact @CaptClose and he'll give you the instructions on your next step. Looks like your truck is very close to the same years as mine and his. I believe both are '65s.

I've now seen dozens and dozens of shots of these beds. They do look like they'll be very high quality. I'm counting on it.

Do these beds fit in both FJ45 generations, I mean before and after 1979 ? 🤔

We don’t anticipate any problems. The mounting holes are not pre-drilled, so it allows you to align and drill where needed. As far as I know, the only real difference is three hinges vs. four hinges.

Here’s a pic of the underside. If you need some measurements, let me know and I’ll get them for you.

4A77A0EE-7567-4623-8DE1-BC614988B9A4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom