LX570 AHC Globe/Accumulator Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NKP Garage

Forever Learning
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I did a walk you through step by step procedure on how to replace the accumulator globes on the Lexus LX570. This same process will work on the Lexus LX470 as well, but the components are in slightly different locations. Feel free to comment or ask any questions below. I hope this is helpful for you. Enjoy! The part numbers for the accumulator globes are below:

2x front accumulator 49141-60020 2x rear accumulator 49151-60020

Set of all 4 accumulators on Amazon here: Amazon.com: 49141-60020 49151-60020 Suspension Accumulator Set LX570 URJ200 4914160020 4915160020 : Automotive - https://amzn.to/3FVIkAW
Or set of all 4 accumulators on eBay here: TOYOTA SUSPENSION ACCUMULATOR SET for LX570, URJ200, 49141-60020 49151-60020* | eBay - https://ebay.us/ijB0Sn

The correct Toyota Suspension AHC Fluid:
On Amazon - https://amzn.to/3UYHLKJ
On eBay - https://ebay.us/1sA4QP

Video Here, enjoy!!!

Last edited:
I need to get around to this before I put the sliders on

I did a walk you through step by step procedure on how to replace the accumulator globes on the Lexus LX570. This same process will work on the Lexus LX470 as well, but the components are in slightly different locations. Feel free to comment or ask any questions below. I hope this is helpful for you. Enjoy! The part numbers for the accumulator globes are below:

2x front accumulator 49141-60020 2x rear accumulator 49151-60020

Video Here, enjoy!!!

Thank you so much for putting this video together. Just purchased a set for my '13

Thank you so much for putting this video together. Just purchased a set for my '13
Sure thing. Hopefully it's helpful to some folks. Start to finish it took me about 2.5 hours. But that was with trying to film and my two little kids asking a million questions. It wasn't nearly as time consuming as I thought it would be.

How many miles on the original? Any difference in ride and handling? Thanks for posting.
Not sure. I've put a little over 20k miles on the truck, and I changed the fluid about 10k miles ago. The truck has about 181k miles on it right now.

Definitely a noticable difference. On bumpy highways I can really tell the difference. And it doesn't "bounce" as much anymore over large humps in the road. Definitely worth the replacement.

Getting mine in today. So far have it bled and the front left accumulator replaced.
The back up washer is a pain to get in behind the seal. I ended up prying the seal out with a plastic cell phone pry then putting in the backup washer and pressing the seal back into the remaining gap. Took a few min to figure out.
The old accumulator definitely has both parts in it.

Done with that. Took six bleed cycles to get all the air out. I used less than 2 liters of fluid. Old fluid (changed not so long ago) looks good.
New learnings - only have to take six bolts out to get the skids off. The three on the ends, and the three vertical bolts on the brackets in the middle. The brackets can stay on.
Pics of the assembly process for the backup washers:

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_9144.JPG

IMG_4444.JPG

Haven't been out on them yet; had to make dinner. Grilling was on the menu. Hope to get a quick shakedown later in the evening.

First impressions.
Before - Didn't use Firm or Cushy much as was either too abrupt or too slow to damp.
After - Firm and Cushy are useable. In particular Cushy is appropriately damped. Firm is less abrupt, feels more in line with a firm shock setting, like my RX-7 had.
Before - Front to back damping was slow, some brake dive, some acceleration squat.
After - front to back damping completed controlled. Little to no brake dive. No acceleration squat.

None of this is night and day different, but definitely improved 15 or 20%.

Haven't been out on a freeway yet, but I didn't have any freeway issues before (unless going like 80 in Cushy mode, that was a bit sloppy).

L to N times seems longer, but it may take a bit to settle in. I left some extra fluid in and will likely bleed again next weekend. H goes high in the sky, like always.

My left front corner has always been a bit low, was hopeful this would fix it. Nope. Same as before.

Impressions on well known roads from 25 to 40 mph, with 129 load tires at 35psi.

First impressions.
Before - Didn't use Firm or Cushy much as was either too abrupt or too slow to damp.
After - Firm and Cushy are useable. In particular Cushy is appropriately damped. Firm is less abrupt, feels more in line with a firm shock setting, like my RX-7 had.
Before - Front to back damping was slow, some brake dive, some acceleration squat.
After - front to back damping completed controlled. Little to no brake dive. No acceleration squat.

Haven't been out on a freeway yet, but I didn't have any freeway issues before (unless going like 80 in Cushy mode, that was a bit sloppy).

L to N times seems longer, but it may take a bit to settle in. I left some extra fluid in and will likely bleed again next weekend. H goes high in the sky, like always.

My left front corner has always been a bit low, was hopeful this would fix it. Nope. Same as before.

Impressions on well known roads from 25 to 40 mph, with 129 load tires at 35psi.

How low is your front left?

First impressions.

Have you tried adjusting the sensor for your front left corner? I bet the sensor adjustment takes care of the height being off.

Have you tried adjusting the sensor for your front left corner? I bet the sensor adjustment takes care of the height being off.
Sure sure, I've flattened as much as I want too with the physical adjustment. I have a high corner and a low corner, and would have preferred to bring the high down rather than the low up. THere is of course no 'down' for a corner already too high. Played around in offset utility for a bit and didn't really see a lasting change. Physical adjustment I can bring the low up, but that is just making the center of mass higher . . .

Probably was in a wreck at some point and the high corner lever or sensor is tweaked, I'm a third owner almost 12 years from manufacture date . . . can't see anything, but that's what I think it is.

I thought maybe if the low corner globe was blown it could be a symptom; no such luck.

Still happy with the update, I consider $700 (globes + backup washers + 2 liter AHC Fluid) a very reasonable every 10 year cost for a suspension.

Tools -
12 mm socket on a 2" extension to remove all the skid bars. As I didn't pull the brackets I didn't need any weeble wobbles. I already had removed side steps a couple years ago.
The globes use 21mm socket. I used a 12 point mainly, but I did round one trying to get it off and had to resort to a 21mm 6 sided impact socket for that one.
For three of the four globes I needed an 18" breaker bar + 18" pipe. I used about 12" of the pipe, so around 24" of lever.
The plastic pry tool to mess about with the washers.
A qt size manual transfer pump.
3/16" id x 5/16" od pvc tubing
10mm open end for the bleed valves
1 gallon water bottle for waste fluid
Oil drain pan for sphere fluid (only got maybe four oz out of the spheres)
Torque is 111 ft lbs on the spheres
49156-60030 is the backup washer part. one per accumulator is required.

Are your shocks and springs original on all 4 corners? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom