Wanted Wanted Parts For FJ45 SWB Fixed Top (sorry noob questions) updated (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back in the Cruiser Fold after a decade. Picked up a 1963 45 SWB fixed top pickup. Please forgive my newbieness. Going for original

-carb float- need this bad (this seems like the original aisin carb with the window)
-rh wing window frame
-lh - drivers door window regulator
- LH drivers seat back cover panel
-rear tire carrier latch
-rear chassis crossmember
-rear lamps
-front signal lamps (clear)
-bumperettes used originals would be cool
-tailgate (original offwhite/sand color if Im wishing)
- marker lamp lens in front radiator support
-hubcaps x 5 (older type)
-cooler locking hubs (the ones I have are original but seem poor quality)
-door and window rubber
- do these have a dome lamp or headliner? (Mine has the textured remnants of the interior cab trim
-VIN plate (mines missing)
-what type of horn button do these have (mine is some aftermarket crap on the column) but horns work
-does anyone make bed repair parts for these short beds? (saw that AwlTeq stopped making rear sills - CCOT maybe?

Last edited:
Wow, congrats on the shorty purchase, that’s the good news, the bad, your list is everything that has become hard to find these days! A lot of your list has been reproduced now, but a few items are hard to find. Post up some photos, sounds like an early model. Do you have fixed windshield hinges, or real early had no hinges!

🤔 a lot of that is same as 40 right? Why are cruiser parts so much harder than rover parts, when they made so many more cruisers? Anyway here’s a pic.

722FC4A5-2E96-4D3A-A3B8-662AAEB14604.jpeg
C9487329-5DB3-4B55-A6F8-D1BF4299FBEA.jpeg
AA694E2A-CF1D-4073-9957-33D4BCF0DEA3.jpeg
554DB274-4794-4949-A633-4889AAB0666A.jpeg
722FC4A5-2E96-4D3A-A3B8-662AAEB14604.jpeg
C9487329-5DB3-4B55-A6F8-D1BF4299FBEA.jpeg
AA694E2A-CF1D-4073-9957-33D4BCF0DEA3.jpeg
554DB274-4794-4949-A633-4889AAB0666A.jpeg

Wow, congrats on the shorty purchase, that’s the good news, the bad, your list is everything that has become hard to find these days! A lot of your list has been reproduced now, but a few items are hard to find. Post up some photos, sounds like an early model. Do you have fixed windshield hinges, or real early had no hinges!

Super solid 45, looks like original paint, another Oregon survivor! Luckily most of it is early 40 bits, but they are getting hard to find because everyone are restoring and saving these rigs. Nice early tool roll too!

Nice looking 45 congrats

Thank you all for the kind words. Hopefully someone with some leftover odds and ends will be able to help. I do have some cruiser bits leftover from another I had to trade. Fuel tank, door tops, toolbox lid, etc. also dollars. 😁

Great purchase on a nice rig-I saw the ad and knew it would sell quick. You should start a thread on your build /restoration

Can’t restore anything until I get some parts 🤷‍♂️ 😂. Not a lot of leads so far.

Great purchase on a nice rig-I saw the ad and knew it would sell quick. You should start a thread on your build /restoration

She's a creampuff, congrats.

Back in the Cruiser Fold after a decade. Picked up a 1963 45 SWB fixed top pickup. Please forgive my newbieness. Going for original

-rear tire carrier latch
-rear chassis crossmember
-rear lamps
-front signal lamps
-bumperettes
-tailgate (original offwhite/sand color if Im wishing)
- marker lamp lens
-hubcaps x 5 (older type)
-cooler locking hubs (the ones I have are original but seem poor quality)
-door and window rubber
- do these have a dome lamp or headliner? (Mine has the textured remnants of the interior cab trim
-VIN plate (mines missing)
-what type of horn button do these have (mine is some aftermarket crap on the column)
-does anyone make bed repair parts for these short beds?

Nice Cruiser! I have some Dualmatic hubs if your interested.

-rear tire carrier latch: same as a FJ40
-rear lamps: Cruiser outfitters or SOR?
-front lamps: City Racer has them for a good price
-bumperetts: Toyota still has them, or try Marks Offroad or someone else for used ones
-hubcaps: reproductions are on eBay sometimes
-door window rubber: lots of places to find that, similar to FJ40, with a little modification
-No dome lamps in SWB fixed top
-VIN plate: Check with ToyotaMatt here on Mudd
-bed repair: no replacement stuff for SWB beds

hope that helps a little

Tahoe,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Many thanks for the leads and offer of dualmatics. Im holding out for a set of warns - but maybe beggars cant be choosers.

Also Selectro made neat hubs. I have them on my 64 swb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom