Rotunda: 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@wngrog and @JohnnyC Here are some pieces from a 1964 sales brochure. Literature on the Eaton heater, option price list, and the super cool Jiffy Top.

IMG_3074.jpeg
IMG_3072.jpeg
IMG_3075.jpeg

some more jiffy tops here:

@Tank5 , was this truck gold when you found it? I’ve not put it on the rack yet to look at those nooks but inside the glove box, in the tool box and behind the seats the painter just decided to leave the gold.

E7FBCD2F-FF10-43CC-9FB3-007B9A47D4BD.jpeg

Check out this bitchen shag carpet in the tool box. This is awesome.

D21E9957-FAD3-4029-8BE1-FAAC22AF81CE.jpeg

Another cool thing I’ve never seen is this old school insulation around the rear windows. Is this OEM?

44394243-C488-4527-AE9D-F98F009AAF14.jpeg

Lastly, the Acorns landed. I had to install one on the 15” split just for a pic.

BEAD8874-02FC-4018-84B1-EEFD63B976B5.jpeg

@Tank5 , was this truck gold when you found it? I’ve not put it on the rack yet to look at those nooks but inside the glove box, in the tool box and behind the seats the painter just decided to leave the gold.

When I found it, it had been mostly primered as if they were trying to patch the deteriorating gold paint job. The previous owner had painted the whole truck the gold color you see in the dash. I believe the original color was beigh.

The 45 had lived it's life in New Mexico, originally purchased new in Deming but was moved with the family to Albuquerque. It was a one family owner vehicle then, the owner passed away about 7 years before I found it (2015 I think). The son had intended to restore it but never got to it. It sat in their driveway those 7 years. The son said people would stop and try to buy it but he was not interested in selling then.

It has more of that shag carpet when I found it. I guess I didn't get the tool box piece out.

Here is a picture of when I found it.

IMG_20160725_171212604.jpg

Interior masonite trim is OE. Usually missing/damaged though.

I need to buy a pipe bender that jiffy top would work well on my 75 series

Page three from the thread I posted above has the factory 70 series bed canvas pics:

There was a guy not too long ago here in USA that picked up a set of the oem bows and canvas for his 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom