F engine plastic fan conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please forgive the intrusion into this thread; is there a fan that will fit onto a clutch AND fit inside the smaller F series fan shroud? I put a later water pump, fan clutch and fan on my F but the fan is too large for my fan shroud.

I did the same upgrade many years ago and just did some slight bending mods to the shroud for the fan to fit. Did not take much.
JP

Thanks for your orders David and Luke. :)

Arrived today, extra well packed. Thanks Mark!

DWS_0164.JPG

Where does the spacer come into play? I just redid a water pump and plastic fan conversation and didn't need a spacer. Is it for pushing your fan closer to radiator?

Mark,

Do you have any kits left? Also looking for a shroud for a 64.

Yes. Leave a voicemail at my office and I’ll call you Monday. Thanks. :)

Where does the spacer come into play? I just redid a water pump and plastic fan conversation and didn't need a spacer. Is it for pushing your fan closer to radiator?
Mine had a spacer on it with the metal fan.

I didn't look at the spacing of the metal fan without the spacer, but on the plastic fan it was way close to the belts behind it. (my plastic fan has a few more blades on it, but looks kinda the same).

I have no idea what history all the stuff on the front of my engine has. There is a stock looking alternator down on the driver's side (mounted right about the oil pan) on one belt and a saginaw PS pump on another belt in front of the alternator (definitely not stock, but should have had an air pump on that second belt stock?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom