Preparing for Cruise Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I havent seen it. If it does it damaged, it is typically just a few scrapes and doesnt hurt anything else. Typically thye front bumper is fine, its the rear that tends to get scratched up

I am leading Gold Bar Rim on Thursday and also Leading Poison Spider Mesa on Friday. My daughter Rachel (daughterofromer on Mud) is gunning. I likely will get there Sunday or Monday and run a few trails before the event as well

I communicate mostly on HAM. Some folks bring one of the cheap Baoefangs and just listen. I will have a CB if I need to use it, but most of the dialogue will be on Ham as I can talk from front to back no matter how seperated people are. You can't do that with a CB

I got my HAM license this week and am starting to use it a bit. I'll be leading a run next weekend and will be using HAM for the first time on trail. Really looking forward to it.

It sounds like there is a 50/50 shot at my sliders arriving before Cruise Moab. The chance that I won't have slider has me thinking I'll need to scrap plans for Hell's Revenge and Top of the World in favor of Gold Bar Rim and Dome Plateau. Still planning to do Fins and Things. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I personally would not do Top of the World without sliders or a rear bumper, if I recall on the descent there are multiple opportunities for damage.

To be fair, it was dark in an 80 series and I was in more of a rush than I would preferred.

I personally would not do Top of the World without sliders or a rear bumper, if I recall on the descent there are multiple opportunities for damage.

To be fair, it was dark in an 80 series and I was in more of a rush than I would preferred.

I’ve come down TOTWin the dark twice...and it can definitely get bangy at night.

I definitely won't be doing it without sliders. As for the rear bumper, I don't mind some scrapes but I'd rather not tear it off. Eventually, I'll save enough nickels for a Slee rear bumper and a Rhino4x4 front, but not in time for CM. If I have to call an audible before Top the World, it won't be the End of the World. Plenty to do/see instead. Maybe a helicopter tour...

as long as scrapes are ok on the bumper, with sliders Top of the world is fine

I definitely won't be doing it without sliders. As for the rear bumper, I don't mind some scrapes but I'd rather not tear it off. Eventually, I'll save enough nickels for a Slee rear bumper and a Rhino4x4 front, but not in time for CM. If I have to call an audible before Top the World, it won't be the End of the World. Plenty to do/see instead. Maybe a helicopter tour...
Look at in this light, you're going to replace it anyway so? Besides somebody just posted a how to for a dinged rear bumper. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom