Just birfield or full axles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here soon I need to rebuild my knuckles due to some seeping of grease from the knuckles.

I have a rebuild kit from Trail Gear that I bought a while back. When it comes to the axles I am concerned about the cost of full axles over just the birfield. The axles I want are from Nitro and have the gun-drilled option to allow me to grease the birfield directly instead of through the inspection hole. Also, from Nitro, I can get just the birfield that also have the gun-drilled option to grease the birfield.

Would there or should I be concerned about the strength of my OE axle shaft if I go with the Nitro birfield, also just the birfield are $340 each as to where the axle set is $907. I am not a rock crawler so axle strength really isn't a concern BUT I do plan on going with 37s soon.

HELP!!!

Last edited:
I think you answered yourself with your last sentence. Just run what you got. Nothing more to say on the topic.

I did... But there is that added reassurance of strong axles no matter where I am wheeling and I forgot to mention but did add the point I am planning on going to 37s soon.

I did... But there is that added reassurance of strong axles no matter where I am wheeling and I forgot to mention but did add the point I am planning on going to 37s soon.

Several in AZ are running stock birfs and a few even have aftermarket knockoffs on 37s without an issue. A few of them do liberal use of the front locker, too.

You can throw money at the truck if you’d like, but I see it as pretty unnecessary.

Several in AZ are running stock birfs and a few even have aftermarket knockoffs on 37s without an issue. A few of them do liberal use of the front locker, too.

You can throw money at the truck if you’d like, but I see it as pretty unnecessary.

@richardlillard1 thanks for the advice. I still need to stop by the shop and talk to you and @inkpot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom