ATF oil level - 06 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You must remove the fill plug of the transmission to check that’s it’s at the top. Not pouring out but right at that edge. There is no dipstick for that year

You must remove the fill plug of the transmission to check that’s it’s at the top. Not pouring out but right at that edge. There is no dipstick for that year

Dumb question: Where is the fill area for the ATF? the only cans i see under hood are PS and Brake reservoirs :)

Dumb question: Where is the fill area for the ATF? the only cans i see under hood are PS and Brake reservoirs :)
You don’t use the fill plug to check the level like you do for the differential. There’s an overflow plug on the pan a few inches away from the drain plug. In a nutshell, you bring the transmission to a certain temperature, park it flat, remove the overflow plug- ATF will drip out when at the right level. Access an fsm for the details.

the fill hole is a large (24mm?) plug high on the drivers side of the transmission housing. The shift linkage runs right over the top of it. Picture of the fill hole: Lazy man WS ATF filler

Last edited:
I was looking at a video and seems like the LX470 has a ATF dip stick. But Anyway, thanks for the pointer for the overflow plug. I do see one next to the drain plug.
I will locate the ATF on the driver side etc. will nudge you guys if still unlucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom