where do i get these....OEM? Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And from what I understood, even the non-US ones don't have reinforcement; they do have predrilled holes in the sheet metal though.

I would be very surprised, as the holes are in identical locations to the holes for the factory swing out and the holes for the swing out are certainly reinforced.

When I say factory swing out, this is what I mean. The holes are reinforced.

But to my understanding, no US-spec 80 had swingouts. So is it plausible to assume that between others' and your posts that only the non-US spec 80s were setup for swingouts, and as such, were reinforced?

The only ones that were reinforced for the swingout tire carrier were the ones that had the carrier installed on the assembly line when the vehicle was built.

I inspected that area back when this thread started. There is no reinforcement. Because I didn't want to dick around with trying to add in reinforcements in the corners is why I gave up on this mod.

My JDM/HDJ 81, without the factory rear tire carrier, does not have any reinforcements in that area.

I looked at Partsouq, Megazip and a few others. I think Partsouq is out of the UAE.
if megazip doesn't have it out of japan or UAE then your out of luck, but there's others stores cheaper than both in dubai about 10-20% cheaper than partsouq and 25 than megazip, check carmarka, or another place i forgot the name now, but all carry the same from dubai. megazip adds japanese as well as dubai, for tough to find parts.

These parts have been discontinued for quite awhile now.

No one has them.

You might be able to get them used.
i got mine via japan, a few years back, but i have't installed yet, they need special support from inside, to brace, i did the braces, but i got busy with other stuff, prolly spring i will have time to install all the crap i got.

There is a salvage yard of sorts on the outskirts of Kuwait city. There are totaled 80’s and 100’s there. You shouldn’t have a hard time sourcing them there.

There is a salvage yard of sorts on the outskirts of Kuwait city. There are totaled 80’s and 100’s there. You shouldn’t have a hard time sourcing them there.
Sounds like a little peice of junk yard heaven

couldn't send the image in dm.

parts steps.png

9b7b7b7a-7549-4617-8f7f-857896df01d8.JPG

636aaac6-bf8d-498b-b940-1ba9a600bfb9.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom