1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Almost got it all back together. The driver side drum is not fitting properly. At least I am done with the greasy part.
Passenger side is all done and feels good. Does not look much different though.
I will get everything wrapped up in the next day or two.
20191208_135020.jpg

The new front drums are thinker at the flange area......so now the studs are alittle short. The brakes still need adjustment. Its a 2 pump chump right now.

At least it's mobile and I drove it around the block.

20191211_175859.jpg

Swapped the old drums back on the front to cure the short stud issue. It stops about the same with less drag now. Probably try another round of bleeding.

It's about time for this truck to move on to a new owner. I saved it from certain death but have no time or space for it anymore.

That’s awesome Jack!

Hello all, I'm the new owner of this 1961, and thought I would introduce myself. I'm relatively new to cruisers, having spent too much time and money on the J**P side before I made the switch. I have a 67 FJ40 with original paint that is getting a slow resurrection. A built 100 series for trail duties, camping, etc. Having this truck to drive this summer will help me be patient with the other 40 and really do it right.

I am very excited to get this truck and give her a good home. I couldn't believe it was still for sale when I saw the thread and the ad. I got on the phone with Jack and now she's headed my way. I'm amazed at the before and after state of this rig, am indebted to Jack for making it happen, and am happy to be able to give her a warm, indoor, salt free home on the east coast.

Like Jack, I'm not a purist and am just happy to see the truck back on the road. She will be driven in the summer, will get some mild Vermont wheeling and relic runs to soothe her soul, and will get well deserved winter naps under a snow covered roof in New Hampshire.

I'll thank everyone in advance for any help and guidance. The community here on Mud is unparalleled, and appreciated.

Congrats. Looks like you got a good one... at a good price.

@navydivedoc

U live in NH? Southern NH?

We have a camper in Wells Me and usually spend most of the summer up that way
We're moving to the Hanover area this summer after I retire from the Navy. I grew up in Bar Harbor Maine. Been gone too long, happy to be headed north.

RCR made it in a day early. Had a nice 60 for company, headed about 40 miles up the road.
20200305_155430_HDR-L.jpg

Fired right up on the truck, no drama, no damage. I got to work and took off the functional but homely Best top.

20200305_164346_HDR-L.jpg

20200305_164357_HDR-L.jpg

Tucked away inside after a quick spin around the neighborhood

20200305_174521-L.jpg

As described and represented by @JackA. She's a 10 footer, but a really good one, and so far from where she was. Perfect for what I want and need. Thanks Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom