Hey guys new to mud! Love seeing people’s builds. Thought I’d share mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome - I hear the green ones run best.

I’m near Harrisonburg Va. A lot of know it by James Madison university. Yeah was really Hoping to make Moab this year. My buddy and I were planning a 3 week long round trip. Not going to make it. At least not in the spring. Maybe fall. My 10 month old somehow decreases my garage time these days. 😆 I can’t wait to take him camping. I know my rig is not much of an overland set up but it will be used as such my son is small. I got an off-road trailer I’m going to outfit with a rooftop tent. My much smaller project when I get this truck done. Ha

Welcome. I'm in staunton, theres a few of us local to you. We just did a fun run up union springs and flagpole. Your rig would walk right through that stuff.

Oh and how did you manage to keep the flares? 😲

Haha. Yeah very familiar with flagpole and the surrounding area. Been doing this for 20 years now. Had a like bit of everything as far as rigs go. You’ll have to excuse my ignorance on posting things. Just dipping my feet in the water. In the guy who is in the garage working on my toys or my friends toys. Ha. First time posting anything like this on the interweb. I think I’m going to start a new thread and start from the beginning. It’s been quite a process and has taken a while. I have done everything myself so it happens gradually as I have time. Ha

Welcome. Beautiful rig. I’m in Roanoke. Relic Run in April with ONSC is an amazing gathering of rigs built before 1990. Tons of 40’s, 60’s, and a few imports not normally in the states. Your truck would be in the outlaw runs because of the age. Its too new! Uwharrie is a great place to stretch your legs.

Welcome. Beautiful rig. I’m in Roanoke. Relic Run in April with ONSC is an amazing gathering of rigs built before 1990. Tons of 40’s, 60’s, and a few imports not normally in the states. Your truck would be in the outlaw runs because of the age. Its too new! Uwharrie is a great place to stretch your legs.
Awesome thanks. Missed the cut off by a couple Years. Ha. Its the newest rig I own. Lol

Awesome thanks. Missed the cut off by a couple Years. Ha. Its the newest rig I own. Lol
I could bring my Jeep. But that’s a whole other story. 😁

C32ED4ED-2367-4FC5-913D-93506E94F091.jpeg

We have had a few of “those” show up. They were welcome. Sign up is open.

you have good taste, nice builds. Welcome and we all hope you provide additional ideas to the rest of us.

Since @Comet didn't provide a link, here you go.
We have had a few of “those” show up. They were welcome. Sign up is open.
Thank you. I looked it up. Wasn’t realizing it was a Toyota specific event. That looks really fun. I’m thinking my rig won’t be done until the fall unfortunately. I’ll be happy if I get it done this year. Ha

I’m digging back through all my pictures. I have had this thing for 7 years! Doesn’t seem like that long. I just really starting seriously building it up the last two years. Hopefully within a couple days I can have enough to do a really nice write up with some nice pics of what all I have went through to get it to where it is now.

What's different about your 3 link?
Not a big difference from the 3 link set ups I have seen on other 80s. My link are in the same place. I did however mount my lower links to my slee belly pan. Pros and cons to that but really turned out clean. Hope geometry works well. Still a ways away from being able to road test. Off-road I think it’s going to be excellent.

Not a big difference from the 3 link set ups I have seen on other 80s. My link are in the same place. I did however mount my lower links to my slee belly pan. Pros and cons to that but really turned out clean. Hope geometry works well. Still a ways away from being able to road test. Off-road I think it’s going to be excellent.
Are your axle lowers above or below centerline?

Are your axle lowers above or below centerline?
If you are talking about the axle centerline they are about on it. One thing that I will be covering on my build thread. If I had to do it over again of course there are some things I would do different. I would actually have mounted lower links lower on the axle. Not much though. Didn’t work out mathematically perfect but with limited space I made it work.

Also guys. I have a bunch of parts that I’m going to be selling. Big items are :

Front j coils rear 863 coils
Ome L shocks front and rear
Ome steering stabilizer
(About 5000 miles on this set up)

Front and rear 4 inch dobinsons slinky coils (brand new in the box)

Man-A-Fre 1 inch coil spacers front and rear

Some stock parts like radius arms and new bushings etc. and other random parts.

Also guys. I have a bunch of parts that I’m going to be selling. Big items are :

Front j coils rear 863 coils
Ome L shocks front and rear
Ome steering stabilizer
(About 5000 miles on this set up)

Front and rear 4 inch dobinsons slinky coils (brand new in the box)

Man-A-Fre 1 inch coil spacers front and rear

Some stock parts like radius arms and new bushings etc. and other random parts.
You'll want to post that in the classifieds section: Classifieds . Your shocks/coils will sell fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom