F engine plastic fan conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
Is there a vendor selling a package to get the plastic fan adapted over to an F engine?

Are the parts common or is there a missing link to make this work?

I don’t want to run the metal fan, and it’s bent anyway.

I just ordered one from @cruiseroutfit for my 135. Its the 16.25" they offer.

We stock a wide variety of blade options. You can see many here on !ud:

I’m not at the shop to look at metal blade replacements but we should be able to work something out.

Is there a vendor selling a package to get the plastic fan adapted over to an F engine?

Are the parts common or is there a missing link to make this work?

I don’t want to run the metal fan, and it’s bent anyway.

Alex, I have a 65' 135 and the 16.25" without clutch is what I needed.

I offer the fan, the fan spacer and the bolts as a kit.

72 fj40 f engine.
I bought the spacer at specter off road, the bolts at ace hardware (same threads as oem but longer bolts) and the fan on Rockauto FNT017 Aisin. Works great. A little over $100 total.
Plus I used the original pulley so no monkeying with weird belt sizes, etc.

Devil is in the details...As I understand it, if your existing fan is a 4 blade metal fan, you need a spacer to do the conversion to a 6 blade plastic fan, as explained in this post.
However, if you have a 5 blade metal fan (as found on many non-US FJ40s), you can directly replace it with a 8 blade plastic fan like this one.

Devil is in the details...As I understand it, if your existing fan is a 4 blade metal fan, you need a spacer to do the conversion to a 6 blade plastic fan, as explained in this post.
However, if you have a 5 blade metal fan (as found on many non-US FJ40s), you can directly replace it with a 8 blade plastic fan like this one.

I've got the 4 blade and it isn't inspiring confidence. I've beat my plastic fan up on the 60 when the motor mount broke. It didn't kill any one.

72 fj40 f engine.
I bought the spacer at specter off road, the bolts at ace hardware (same threads as oem but longer bolts) and the fan on Rockauto FNT017 Aisin. Works great. A little over $100 total.
Plus I used the original pulley so no monkeying with weird belt sizes, etc.

That is the 8 blade fan

As a rule, I try to keep the direct promotions in classifieds. But since you asked here: as of March 2020, the kit price is $165.00. MUD members price is $150. I also have a couple of kits with good used fans for $110.

As a rule, I try to keep the direct promotions in classifieds. But since you asked here: as of March 2020, the kit price is $165.00. MUD members price is $150. I also have a couple of kits with good used fans for $110.
OEM Fan?

Thank you. Next question is paypal ok for the payment ?

Is the plastic fan less of a drag on the engine? I know it is less dangerous to the radiator. What other advantages does the plastic fan have over the metal fan?

Is the plastic fan less of a drag on the engine? I know it is less dangerous to the radiator. What other advantages does the plastic fan have over the metal fan?

David, I do not have empirical numbers regarding the drag. I have always just assumed that the plastic fan has slightly more drag: blades are shorter, but there are more of them.

The angle of the plastic blade provides superior cooling.

I'll send you a PayPal later today for a kit.

Thank you. Next question is paypal ok for the payment ?

Yes. Leave me a voice message at the shop with your address and I can get you a shipping quote tomorrow.

Please forgive the intrusion into this thread; is there a fan that will fit onto a clutch AND fit inside the smaller F series fan shroud? I put a later water pump, fan clutch and fan on my F but the fan is too large for my fan shroud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom