LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1) Di everyone's audio work straightaway without having to splice anything? We had little for sound until we jumped the factory black/red amp power wire to the blue PX6 amp wire. Everything was way too loud until I found the sliders in INSTALL SET.

3) Is anyone running a USB hub to allow a DVR and an external Hard Drive AND the iphone in the OTG port to run the fake Chinese carplay app?

1. Mine worked fine right out of the box in my 2006 'LX -- no splicing. But others here have definitely had different experiences, depending on the model year and whether it's an LC or LX.

3. I tried using a USB hub. It worked fine with a thumb drive, but I couldn't get it to work with my external SSD. I assume I'd need a hub with a separate power supply if I wanted to use the SSD with it.

I've talked to Rhino Radios and they have told me that my 2002 LX470 is NOT supported.

My system looks VERY similar to the 2003 LX that they do support. I am contemplating ordering that and giving it a shot. Although that is an expensive gamble.

View attachment 2128303

My 2002 LC, which has a Dec. 2001 manufacture date has a VERY similar layout... except NOT mark Levinson. Did you find something that is compatible? I am thinking that mine will not be and just want to confirm.
Thanks!

1. Mine worked fine right out of the box in my 2006 'LX -- no splicing. But others here have definitely had different experiences, depending on the model year and whether it's an LC or LX.

3. I tried using a USB hub. It worked fine with a thumb drive, but I couldn't get it to work with my external SSD. I assume I'd need a hub with a separate power supply if I wanted to use the SSD with it.

Reinstalled the factory unit and cranked the volume. That did nothing until we spliced in an aftermarket Toyota harness that I guess was set up for a low trigger (? Will try to find a part number) and it fixed the problem. No buzzing or ignition noise or buzzing. Got rid of the 12V Amp trigger connection. Audio, fade, balance, etc. are all fixed. It works great on radio and other audio inputs (Carplay and MP3.)

Still can't get the Dashcam/DVR working yet.

Passing on an update I got from Rhino Radios. I ordered my unit on January 17th.
At the time production was stopped for Chinese new year. Now it seems production is still stopped because of corona virus.

Vanessa F (Rhino Radios)
Jan 17, 12:38 EST
Hello Albert,
Currently, Chinese New Year is going on so production on your unit will not start until Feb 1st.
Since you did get expedited shipping, you should receive it by mid-Feb.
You should get a tracking number once its done in production.
Thanks,
John
-------------------------------------------
Vanessa F (Rhino Radios)
Feb 5, 12:51 EST
I am sorry, production has stopped due to the Corona-virus and is currently looking to pick up in mid February 9th.
Best,
Rhino Radios

A 3rd update I got from Rhino Radios:
Vanessa F (Rhino Radios)
Feb 12, 17:43 EST
Hello,
I apologize, production has delayed due to the Corona-virus and is currently looking to pick up mid - late February
Best,
Vanessa

Null

Stumbled across the Tesla style radios on aliexpress.com and did some more searching and found this site. I have a 2002 with factory navigation and have located the wiring connectors (and heater control panel) I need from a nearby salvage yard. Does anyone know if there will be enough space behind the radio for the existing nav connectors and the non-nav connectors if I splice them in. I really don't want to commit by cutting the old connectors off, be disappointed and generate a ton of work to go back to factory.

I have read that the DVD changer continues to work with some of these units and not with others. Does anyone have a definitive answer on this because I am figuring that if it works and since it is on the CAN Bus then my aftermarket CAN Bus XM unit (VAISTech) should work?

So I installed mine a while back but haven't driven on it at all much. The HVAC control - either it's on full cold (ac) or at 65 degrees it's blasting the heater 100%. I have nothing in between... What the heck???

Guys,

While I was toying around with the radio... I found this buried in the system:

If you go to Console... Select Amp Info... Scroll down to Cur Vol.

Mine was set to 30... while the "real" volume was on 9.

I was able to control the volume gain with this.

See if this helps with the low volume issue.

20200218_201805.jpg

20200218_201815.jpg

20200218_201824.jpg

Stumbled across the Tesla style radios on aliexpress.com and did some more searching and found this site. I have a 2002 with factory navigation and have located the wiring connectors (and heater control panel) I need from a nearby salvage yard. Does anyone know if there will be enough space behind the radio for the existing nav connectors and the non-nav connectors if I splice them in. I really don't want to commit by cutting the old connectors off, be disappointed and generate a ton of work to go back to factory.

I have read that the DVD changer continues to work with some of these units and not with others. Does anyone have a definitive answer on this because I am figuring that if it works and since it is on the CAN Bus then my aftermarket CAN Bus XM unit (VAISTech) should work?
I can see the 6 disks menu on mine... But I don't have a cartridge to see if it works.

One of the club guys is going to lend me his so I can test it.

Reinstalled the factory unit and cranked the volume. That did nothing until we spliced in an aftermarket Toyota harness that I guess was set up for a low trigger (? Will try to find a part number) and it fixed the problem. No buzzing or ignition noise or buzzing. Got rid of the 12V Amp trigger connection. Audio, fade, balance, etc. are all fixed. It works great on radio and other audio inputs (Carplay and MP3.)

Still can't get the Dashcam/DVR working yet.
I just notice something weird on mine...

When I use the radio fade/balance there's no sound when is set to ALL rear.

But the curious thing is that all front/rear speakers have sound if I leave it in the middle or front.

This may seem like an of request, but I’m in the market for an Lx 470 and CarPlay has become an essential feature in my life.

So I’ve been researching aftermarket stereo options to be sure I can make CarPlay possible before buying a 470. My searching led me to this thread, which I’ve read all 19 pages of.

My question is, as wired CarPlay seems to work fine with the PX6 (though wireless would be awesome), is there a particular year and/or option package that makes the install of this PX6 easier? I’d be looking at 2006/2007vehicles ideally but I saw some mentions of 2007 models that were difficult?

I know it seems silly to base a purchase on an aftermarket radio but I figure at this stage I might as well look for what would be best all around.

Thanks in advance, I’ve really enjoyed this thread!

I don't have an iPhone... But with this unit, I don't need to use Android Auto. I just use my cell's hot spot and call it a day.

You can't see the screen from any sort of angle with polarized lenses; only from directly in front of it. I switched to non-polarized specifically because it was annoying to crane my neck every time I wanted to look at the screen.

Has anyone had any A/C problems. I have no power for those functions. 2011 Buick Lacrosse

Has anyone had any A/C problems. I have no power for those functions. 2011 Buick Lacrosse
Hwat? Are you asking about a Buick Lacrosse malfunctions on a Land Cruiser website?

I found out the hard way that there is no amp expansion capabilities even Phoenix Radios claimed it did, I feel like a naive tool for trusting them. Anyhow, I had to use LC2i and tap into the OE sub's wiring to hook up my single Solo-Baric, all is well now.

That symbol is to let you know that you have a USB device connected to the system.

I can see if there's an option to disable the notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom