What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How's the sub? Stock or aftermarket amp? I have a Pioneer 12" shallow sub in a box but thinking about doing the mod to the stock box to regain some of my cargo space back...

The rear molding isn't too bad to do. Just need to remove the interior trim behind the C pillar to get to the bolts for the window.
Right now I have a alpine pdx5 amp. Think it’s too much for the little sub. And needs some sound deadening. And I think it will be fine.

At last the splash guards were easy install after carving some of the edges. Most amazing was pre- drill hole were an exact location to fit the exist holes inside steel fenders (install delay delay getting rails on first not these parts) Have a look....
2EE62F13-81D1-41BE-84F2-74C9865DC89D.jpeg
34E4D021-A776-402A-B5DC-64C7A5D1B20E.jpeg

D2D02AE1-AA5C-4E85-B79A-AA83E08F01AE.jpeg

Last edited:
I replaced the upper ball joints and inner/outer tie rod ends. I had a sorta loos front end and clunk I thought was from rack bushings. I’m glad I got a second opinion and didn’t buy a steering rack I didn’t need.
Now it’s back to a tight, silent and relatively numb Lexus steering feel.
I just finished recreating the left abs sensor harness after the mechanic who did the above work stretched the wires leading to Christmas trees lights on the dash.

He said it was a faulty abs sensor (trouble code c0205 did light up).

I’m glad I checked the sensor resistance before throwing down $200 to replace it. For reference, I got 350 milliohms from it which was the same on the non-faultyThen I checked the harness and, sure enough, no continuity.

The wire harness has a thick hard plastic insulation around both wires that is a pain to strip to get to the individual wires inside to splice. Hopefully heat shrink, split plastic wire loom, gorilla tape and vinyl tape will provide enough protection from debris. if not, the oem harness is about $50.

Techstream and zero point calibration and all is good.

I just did my FR sensor today as well. Hit it, or somehow damaged it off-roading a few weeks ago at AOAA (PA). Got the $50 OEM harness put in last week (it was also problematic). But today i got down in the cold and did the sensor. Afterwords, cleared ABS DTCs and checked the data. All is well again.

IMG_20200216_171243.jpg

Maintenance time this weekend!
- New DS spindle and gusset (bent mine)
- New PS pump (did the lines and cleaned the resi a while ago)
- New tie rod sleeve reinforcements from ACC
- New fluids (all but brakes, coolant, and trans)
- New front driveshaft (I have about 100k on this one, and it is worn from all the wheeling)
- ebrake adjust (the Ceika drum loosened and I want to make sure they are tight and right)
- lube stuff and generally make it ready for TX next month for Round Up (towing the trailer from GA to TX)

Finally found some covered parking in Death Valley! Lol. Did Trail Canyon (yesterday)....ends up at the Tarantula Min
F54754DC-0D86-4694-8D88-DF9484EA2166.jpeg
F50D1754-0178-4ED9-946D-BBE40F7131E6.jpeg
e and the Morning Glory/McBride Camps....mining sheelite ore for tungsten for the Korean Conflict in the ‘50’s. There was a spring here that was really neat too.It’s hard to imagine how these vehicles got here even knowing there was another road because to see where the old washed out road was, it couldn’t have been much better than the rocky road I took in. it was super busy in the park, holiday weekend and all. As soon as we hit the trail, poof, crowds gone. A single FJ cruiser was the only vehicle seen and he was coming down as we were going up.
AB9F1F46-3594-496C-8255-246A3568D287.jpeg

Got the Dobinsons 2" lift/spring conversion put on. Rides way way better than the clapped out janky air bags! BFG Ko2s on the way!
20200217_173739.jpg

Well finally have the skids for my skids done. I also tried my had a ALU tig welding to make some mods to the front plate. I added the addition mount tubes that IMHO should have been there from the factory as well as completely welded both mount tubes as it should have also come as well as added 2 3/8x1" stiffeners. I did however find that due to the massive amount of heat i had to put into the plate to get it to puddle with argon (dang AirGas wanted 350 bucks just to rent a helium bottle) and it not being fixtured it warp the heck out of it. I at least was able to get it mostly back to where it was after the beating it took from its first use with our 20ton shop press. I have all the alu cut to weld in a large x brace and width wise brace on the middle and rear plates but after the issues I had I'm going to hold off until I can procure or get with someone who has a high amp spool gun. In retrospect hate to admit it... should have saved the money and gone with steel. Or at least gone with Budbuilts Alu with the UHMW as his incorporated the additional bracing and mounts I had to add to the RCI's. I'm not trying to crap on the RCI's. The design would work fine in steel and would work fine for someone who is not going to be on a rocky trail unless it was absolutely necessary. I definitely took them beyond the design limitations in aluminum as I dropped them on rocks, and they did definitely protect my underside from damage. I also have the new LFD Off Road hidden winch mount installed and the ComeUp 9.5RS slim mounted. I need to pick up a piece of stainless flat stock tomorrow to fab up a controller mount to fit beside the PS fluid res. Will also have to pick up so 2gauge cable to make longer winch power cables as the oem are too short and there isnt enough clearance to mount it close enough yet accessible.
IMG_20200216_205042.jpg
IMG_20200216_204712.jpg

IMG_20200217_232758.jpg
85085729_10221537011405094_6431148763330379776_n.jpg

IMG_20200216_204702.jpg

Got my KO2s installed...really happy with the suspension/tires setup. I actually enjoy the GX quite a bit now. Was never too happy with the truck with the old suspension. Need to take a better pic when there's more light out, but it has a stout/muscular look to it now.
20200218_174526.jpg

Pulled the Radflo’s and sent them to be rebuilt and upgraded to resi’s and compression adjusters. Hopefully I’ll have them back late this week or early next week. In the mean time, I have to daily the other hoopty.

View attachment 2215399

View attachment 2215400
Yeah, what an old POS. :rofl:. I think I've turned down buying an FJ60 a couple times and I still regret doing it. At least I've got an 84 4Runner but I still want to add a Land Cruiser to the fleet.

Pulled the Radflo’s and sent them to be rebuilt and upgraded to resi’s and compression adjusters. Hopefully I’ll have them back late this week or early next week. In the mean time, I have to daily the other hoopty.

Is Radflo doing the work? What's the cost? I've thought about doing the same on mine but wasn't sure if it was worth it. Adding resis with adjusters. How many miles did you have on them?

Is Radflo doing the work? What's the cost? I've thought about doing the same on mine but wasn't sure if it was worth it. Adding resis with adjusters. How many miles did you have on them?
Yea, they went back to Radflo. Approx $1k to do the rebuild and upgrade. I had roughly 20k on them before the right front started making noise. I think I overheated them desert bombing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom