Difficult to close driver’s door in my 91 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I bought my truck I’ve had this issue where I really have to slam the drivers door to make sure it latches all the way. It almost feels like the weather stripping is too thick or something but it doesn’t appear to be and there doesn’t appear to be anything blocking the door from closing and nothing gumming up inside the latch itself.

Anyone have this issue or know where else to look?

Since I bought my truck I’ve had this issue where I really have to slam the drivers door to make sure it latches all the way. It almost feels like the weather stripping is too thick or something but it doesn’t appear to be and there doesn’t appear to be anything blocking the door from closing and nothing gumming up inside the latch itself.

Anyone have this issue or know where else to look?

I had this issue with the passenger door. The weatherstrip was not sticking (well, the pins were loose) very well at that bend right about the level of the window sill. Little adhesive to keep it tight fixed the issue. I would take a closer look at the weatherstrip.

I had this issue with the passenger door. The weatherstrip was not sticking (well, the pins were loose) very well at that bend right about the level of the window sill. Little adhesive to keep it tight fixed the issue. I would take a closer look at the weatherstrip.
Thanks for the reply! I’ll take another look. Are you talking about the hinge side or latch side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom