What did you do on your 70 series today? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed the Safari Armax 4" Snorkel to my 78 - feels a touch more peppy I think in its stock N/A form, but mainly getting ready for a nice low boost intercooled turbo kit for the 1HZ. The stock noodle would have been too restrictive especially with that tiny opening, and air deflector, in the airbox.

Also thinking of changing wheels to black... personal preference. 5 x new black Soft 8's in the mail today!

Armax Install.jpg

Armax Installed.jpg

Interesting. Never heard or had that issue before. :cheers:

Maybe it's just a 'wet coast' issue, LOL. I do ford rivers semi-regularly, and the whole axle goes under water for significant periods of time.

Damn Gun Runner 5 - that is one sweet looking FTE. Awesome restoration work!

I got the new Soft 8's fitted up, a nice deep offset to suit the ARB Flares - quite different to the alloys but should be easier to clean.
For anyone wondering in the future (who may read this forum years from now), setup is 285/75R16 Mud Tyres with 16x8 -50 offset Steel Wheels (I think you USA guys call this 2.5 Backspacing).

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

I got the new Soft 8's fitted up, a nice deep offset to suit the ARB Flares - quite different to the alloys but should be easier to clean.
For anyone wondering in the future (who may read this forum years from now), setup is 285/75R16 Mud Tyres with 16x8 -50 offset Steel Wheels (I think you USA guys call this 2.5 Backspacing).

View attachment 2216887

View attachment 2216888
First of all, BEAUTIFUL rig I love it.
Secondly THANK YOU for the details and pics. I've been searching and looking through many threads over the last few weeks and you are the first to post the exact combo I am thinking of! Hard to get a good combo to clear those fender flares! Anyways, you rock!

View attachment 2216887

View attachment 2216888
To be clear, I had nothing to do with the engine looking that good. All of the credit goes to Rob Smith of Odd Iron Off Road.

To Blomdala:
Awesome! Glad it helps, I'm sure if its helping you right now perhaps in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years someone may find it useful too. I look at old threads all the time that help with things like this, as deep as 2005 on some forums. And thanks, I'm pretty happy with how the old girl is turning out too.

To Gun Runner 5: Respect to Rob Smith, top stuff. But you took the pictures.. so.. a pat on the back to yourself also!

To be clear, I had nothing to do with the engine looking that good.

Thank you Captain Obvious. :lol:

On the other hand I can't think of a better man to Captain any international flight I may be on.

:cheers:

Thank you Captain Obvious. :lol:

On the other hand I can't think of a better man to Captain any international flight I may be on.

:cheers:W
THANKS DAN ....
My retirement date is getting closer everyday. I'll soon be relegated to sitting on the front porch and screaming at the neighbor kids to get off of my lawn. :)
Whatever flying skills I have, I owe to my dad. Shown here test flying a Huey Cobra (Serial #2).
image.jpeg

Last edited:
THANKS DAN ....
My retirement date is getting closer everyday. I'll soon be relegated to sitting on the front porch and screaming at the neighbor kids to get off of my lawn. :)
Whatever flying skills I have, I owe to my dad. Shown here test flying a Huey Cobra (Serial #2).View attachment 2217277
Hail yes! Blowin' sumptin' up! BOOM! Get ya some! (Crazy western Kentucky babble over)
This is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom