What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, not what im after though. Poly breaks down and crumbles over time. I want completely OEM or if aftermarket good ole fashioned rubber.
None are rubber and OEM had the pucks built into the axles. I'm sure the poly will last longer than any rubber would in it's place.

Lol all good bud you don’t come off like a prick just sound like you were air force 😉. I was stationed on JBER too (army) before I got out. Yeah I hear you would have loved to take the drive was really looking forward to it. Trust me I’m bummed out about it but I had to make a choice. And maybe your right but your the first person I’ve met that says it’s a good idea to take the drive during this time of the year. Even the Canadians thought I was crazy lol. I’ll make the drive on the way back next year and if you want Come along I’ll buy you all the beer you want 🍻
LOL Right in one. Retired last year. I'd drive it in a heartbeat, but my wife has our year booked up and work is going to be very busy the next couple months. Pick yourself up a copy of Milepost. it's a decently expensive book (like $40) if I remember right, but it details every mile of the Alcan and several other roads around there (Top Of The World Highway, and Dalton and Dempster I believe)

when you were at JBER, did you ever drive to Fairbanks or even Soldontna or Homer in the winter? Pretty much the same thing, just remote. bring a spare 5 gal fuel tank if you want, I did on all my trips, but never used it. (actually, on the trip down in Feb, I slept in my truck at a gas station overnight and the plastic fuel can I had in the bed melted while I slept due to my exhaust being cut off right after the rear axle and the can sliding around and resting right above it. that was a rude awakening when I saw it lol)

None are rubber and OEM had the pucks built into the axles. I'm sure the poly will last longer than any rubber would in it's place.

Good to know, guess i'll go with it until I swap the rear to an 8.2 rear end but no, poly breaks down and crumbles. Rubber lasts much longer which is why OEM's use it.

Good to know, guess i'll go with it until I swap the rear to an 8.2 rear end but no, poly breaks down and crumbles. Rubber lasts much longer which is why OEM's use it.
not to start an argument... but my understanding is just the opposite when it comes to Poly vs Rubber.

Removed the side steps and added some spidertrax spacers over the weekend.

2B56A34C-67C5-436D-A598-8ABD30D01910.jpeg

940352BE-5617-4B4C-B4C7-52DFE064A4B0.jpeg

Today I replaced my drivers seat cushion and leather pad. I have only had the GX for a couple weeks, but the comfort was lacking. Figured it was 13 years and 176k miles from new and there was a tear in the leather so I ordered both. It took a couple hours but was simple. Since its Sunday in the south and I found the need for hog ring pliers that I didnt have, I went into problem solving mode and zip ties worked great. If it wasn't for the seat heater it would have been even easier, but you have to disassemble the old leather from the old cushion to get to the heater element. There is a youtube on how to get it off that was on an IS, but it was the same as our GX.

I had some 3m spray adhesive to keep the heating elements in place just in case.

Initial sit feels more comfortable, we will see on my hour commute this week the true result. I also added 3 washers under the seat in front and one in the rear to change the angle. (learned that from seat recline kits on my JK).

View attachment 2206435View attachment 2206436View attachment 2206437

Got them from ebay from us auto seat cover. The cushion is good fit and comfortable. I opted for the leather (not synthetic) and the match is pretty close. The older was a little more shiny, but with use and treatment it may end up even closer. I do not think you would notice the difference. I did offer less on both and they accepted. All in all I am pretty happy.
Do you have a link for the seat cover? Mine needs replacing.

I replaced the upper ball joints and inner/outer tie rod ends. I had a sorta loos front end and clunk I thought was from rack bushings. I’m glad I got a second opinion and didn’t buy a steering rack I didn’t need.
Now it’s back to a tight, silent and relatively numb Lexus steering feel.

been driving for 8 straight days now trying to get to anchorage Alaska from Miami. Upon entering Canada I decided It would be best to change course and ship her from Seattle and fly out there lol. Canada’s fuel prices were worse than I expect and apparently, most the gas stations in the Yukon are closed right now.

View attachment 2205256
If you're still in the Seattle area I'd love to meet up for a beer and chat. We've made that drive, it's amazing. I'm curious about the shipping option you used too.
message me.

Dropped it off to have the jenky air bags yanked out and have a Dobinsons suspension put in. Now I just need to figure out what size tires I need. Thinking 275/70 r17.

Installed the sub. Probably going to have to go back and add some sound deadening behind it

also installed the black window trim in place of the chrome. Need to get some for the rear windows.
565456D8-8772-48F2-B5AC-D3CFFEC7B10C.jpeg
A4288D43-A0B1-4291-88CA-0E79F699F611.jpeg

Installed the sub. Probably going to have to go back and add some sound deadening behind it

also installed the black window trim in place of the chrome. Need to get some for the rear windows. View attachment 2211375View attachment 2211376

Is that the Lenz Design snorkel? Impressions?

The rear window trim - my $.02 but why not just tape off the surrounding area and plasti-dip (or other paint) it to match your new black trim? From other posts I've seen, it sounds like a pretty involved project to substitute those rear ones out (haven't done it myself).

How's the sub? Stock or aftermarket amp? I have a Pioneer 12" shallow sub in a box but thinking about doing the mod to the stock box to regain some of my cargo space back...

The rear molding isn't too bad to do. Just need to remove the interior trim behind the C pillar to get to the bolts for the window.

Found an elegant solution using Prado fender splash guards after running board removal!
No need to hack up the boards to get a tiny little trim piece when you can have complete
splash guards styled to fit the GX470. About to install rails and these functional pieces will fill
the "cosmetic gap" with a functional replacement. Amazing what you can find on AMZ these days!
What do you think?

View attachment 2083116

Is that the Lenz Design snorkel? Impressions?

The rear window trim - my $.02 but why not just tape off the surrounding area and plasti-dip (or other paint) it to match your new black trim? From other posts I've seen, it sounds like a pretty involved project to substitute those rear ones out (haven't done it myself).
Snorkel works fine. Like the look better than a normal one

rather replace the trim. Pulling interior panels is easy. Hate ****ing painting. Always looks like s*** and doesn’t last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom